• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma Pharmacist

albritton77

imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090530/ap_on_re_us/us_pharmacy_shooting

I don't know. I'm actually kind of torn on this one.
On one side of the coin, I see the individual protecting his own life, the lives of his employees, and the integrity of his business.

On the other hand....
The perpetrator was laying on the floor, unconscious from a gunshot wound to the head, and unarmed. The pharmacist then goes behind his counter, grabs a second firearm, and finishes the perp off.

<sigh>

At the very least....
This will be an interesting discussion.

freykatt

imported post

I, somewhat feel the same way, but, bottom line is , it sends a mesage to those with the same tendacies . Nothing else seems to work.? cuzzin dick

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

albritton77 wrote:

I was too"torn on this one" until I saw that the owner of the store was in a full back brace, and not in a postition to fight his way out of a paper bag.The guy feared for his life and the life of a mother and daughter in the store. Hopefully the jury have people like me on it for the trial, I hope they see not only him shooting the guy on the floor but understand why he shot him. I saw him and his lawyer of Fox News.

ocholik

imported post

i didnt read the whole story...who said the kid was unconscious??? you couldnt see him in the video..he could of been reaching for his gun.......

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

The one detail of this case that has not been verified as of yet in the press is whether or not the suspect was armed or not. Some stories I've read said he wasn't, the others didn't say at all.

If he wasn't armed......

ocholik

imported post

I would of told the police he was reaching for the gun still.....I wouldn't care if you were down and out..you tried to kill me so guess what...your going to go see your maker no matter what....

SEMPER FI....

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

ocholik wrote:
I would of told the police he was reaching for the gun still.....I wouldn't care if you were down and out..you tried to kill me so guess what...your going to go see your maker no matter what....

SEMPER FI....
Even if he wasn't armed in the first place?

Sgt.Mordecai

imported post

from what i have heard on the story,the one he killed was not armed. but his acomplice was. that one got away, i believe he was wounded, not sure though. the pharmacist knew for a fact that the oter guy was armed. the entire incident took place it about 45 seconds. not alot of time when you are in fearfor your life. in that span of time though he might not have actually seen the one robber with a gun, there was no way to know 100% that he was not armed. he took measures to ensure the threat was neutralized, and his life and any one else in the stores life was no longer in danger. armed or not, if you are not willing to loseyour life, don't try to rob someone.

ocholik

imported post

So the one he shot was unarmed....Well if you came into my house trying to rob me and one was unarmed....both are getting shot at.....or even if its only one comming in unarmed ..i am not going to wait until i see if you have a gun or not......you will be layign on the floor...

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

ocholik wrote:
So the one he shot was unarmed....Well if you came into my house trying to rob me and one was unarmed....both are getting shot at.....or even if its only one comming in unarmed ..i am not going to wait until i see if you have a gun or not......you will be layign on the floor...
Go back and read the whole story and watch the security video. The reason he was charged is the BG that didnt get away was shot during the initial shootout, the pharmacist chased the known armed BG out of the store, came back in about 20 seconds later, walks past the other BG still on the floor, goes behind the counter and gets another gun, comes back and puts 5 rounds in the guy on the floor at point-blank range. That BG is the one that the news is saying was unarmed.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/26329.html