Thread: Legal to carry in D.O.T. vehicle?

Post imported post

I was just wondering if anyone on here knows whether or not it's legal to carry in a D.O.T. vehicle... I drive a tow truck. I spend majority of my time in Kentucky and Ohio. I know that there are probably restrictions now because I OC in Kentucky, and that isn't legal in your vehicle in Ohio, but if i were to get a permit to carry concealed would there be a problem with me doing so in my tow truck???

Anyone who's driven through downtown Cincinnati and surrounding areas late at night would know why I'm asking this lol, but thanks ahead of time for the help...

Post imported post

Absolutely legal. There is no law barring carrying in a vehicle that is used in commercial activity. Get your CCDW from Ky, if thats where you live, and carry in both states without fear. If you are stopped at a coup in Ohio and have to go inside, just leave your weapon in the truck.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Post imported post

Ohio has reciprocity with the KY CCDW.

Post imported post

kyboyy wrote:
    I was just wondering if anyone on here knows whether or not it's legal to carry in a D.O.T. vehicle... I drive a tow truck. I spend majority of my time in Kentucky and Ohio. I know that there are probably restrictions now because I OC in Kentucky, and that isn't legal in your vehicle in Ohio, but if i were to get a permit to carry concealed would there be a problem with me doing so in my tow truck???

Anyone who's driven through downtown Cincinnati and surrounding areas late at night would know why I'm asking this lol, but thanks ahead of time for the help...
    Ohio or Kentucky D.O.T.?

I used to live on Euclid St in Ludlow.

Post imported post

hotrod wrote:
    Absolutely legal. There is no law barring carrying in a vehicle that is used in commercial activity. Get your CCDW from Ky, if thats where you live, and carry in both states without fear. If you are stopped at a coup in Ohio and have to go inside, just leave your weapon in the truck.
    +1

I inquired about the same thing with the public relations officer in Madisonville, KY. He said he'd never heard of such a law banning firearms in CMVs. You could always call the Department of Vehicle Enforcement to double check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.