Thread: Free Gun (trigger) locks?

Post imported post

Renton PD had a program where theyused to give them out to people. They don't anymore. Does anyone know of a local agency that does?

Post imported post

Auburn PD gives out that string thingy to put in barrel and lock it, if thats you are looking they are still giving out.

Post imported post

I was given a lock when I picked up my CPL at Arlington PD 18 months ago.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

My personal opinion is that Trigger Locks are unsafe. They also give you a false sense of security. It has been shown that many kids can easily remove them without the key and they have even been known to case ND's.

If my gun is not on my person, it's locked up in a case or my gun safe. Those are the only things I trust.

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    My personal opinion is that Trigger Locks are unsafe. They also give you a false sense of security. It has been shown that many kids can easily remove them without the key and they have even been known to case ND's.

If my gun is not on my person, it's locked up in a case or my gun safe. Those are the only things I trust.
    Good call I'll have to do that if I ever have kids or keep more than one gun with me.

Post imported post

I just got my CPLat the Renton PD office about a month ago and got a trigger lock did they say if they completely stopped or were just out of them.

When I talked to the old lady who does the finger printing, she mentioned that it takes them a few weeks to get more in because so many people were applying for their CPL, maybe they were just out and will have more in later.

Post imported post

I called RPD they said they don't do it anymore. My gun is with me at all times so I really wouldn't need one, I was just curious

Post imported post

I was shocked to learn that I could pick my trigger lock in 2 seconds. It's incredibly unsafe :?

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

A couple years ago at the county fair the Sheriff had a booth staffed with deputies handing out citizen safety brochures and cable locks for handguns. I asked for a cable lock, but left when they asked me to put down my name and address. The clipboard they shoved at me was already half full of willing registrants.

Post imported post

The only gun locks I have were provided at the time of purchase (which I believe is a requirement). They have started to fill up my junk drawer.

I might consider using one if I were to be shipping the gun in airline baggage, or some other similar situation, but the rest of the time there is no way I'd put one on any of my guns.

My handgun is very safe when in my holster. When it's not there it's close at hand. My "reserve" supply of handguns are kept in the safe along with the rifles.

As far as I am concerned the most important safety device is the "Brain". When it works right accidents do not occur.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"