Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: blacks and guns

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    107

    Post imported post

    I'm currently in a debate about middle class whites only showing up to pro 2A marches. I'm told you'll not see a black person show up because only whites are concerned with the right to own a gun just because they can. I'm saying just because you don't see any black gun owners at marches doesen't mean it's a middle class white thing. they say blacks are concerned with more important things and not so much gun rights. sorry about the title. I should have said blacks and the 2nd amendment

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    I lol'd at the title.

    So what exactly is your point and who said blacks don't care about the second amendment?

    First off, I do see a fair number of black people at ranges and local shops. If you aren't seeing them it may just be a regional thing.

    Secondly, take a look around you at the type of extreme-right wack jobs that make up a decent section of this community. Ask yourself, if you were black would you want to be hanging around with a bunch of closet KKK bigots or the stereotypical 2A supporter (that stereotypeexists with good reason)? The large majority of blacks are moderate to liberal leaning, even the ones that are 2A supporters. When you look around and see how closed minded many in this community are, why would anyone that's not equally wacked want to hang around with them?

    If there is a difference in black vs. white in this community, it's merely a visual display of political ideology. You can't see moderate white people that choose not to hang around with the extremists, because you simply can't see peoples' political leanings. But when you throw black folk into the mix, you already know that most are at least moderates. So when you don't see them around, it's easy to understand exactly what political groupsare beingalienateddue tothe extremist nut job stuff.

    It's funny, you know, because I just invited one of my black friends to the range. He just laughed at me, and he didn't laugh because he wasn't interested in guns.


  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    107

    Post imported post

    what the person is trying to say that I'm arguing with is the only people you see at demonstrations or get togethers are middle class whites who want to whine about their right to own guns just because they can own one. I'm trying to tell her just because you don't see other races or lower class ppl at get togethers doesen't mean it's a middle class white thing. she challenged me to show her any black or other race of ppl that care about their right to own a gun. she doesen't believe there are any.she thinks fighting for 2A rights to be able to bear arms "because it's your god given right" is a silly reason and only done by middle class ppl.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    spioi wrote:
    what the person is trying to say that I'm arguing with is the only people you see at demonstrations or get togethers are middle class whites who want to whine about their right to own guns just because they can own one. I'm trying to tell her just because you don't see other races or lower class ppl at get togethers doesen't mean it's a middle class white thing. she challenged me to show her any black or other race of ppl that care about their right to own a gun. she doesen't believe there are any.she thinks fighting for 2A rights to be able to bear arms "because it's your god given right" is a silly reason and only done by middle class ppl.
    1 - remind her that fighting for 1A, 4A, 5A, 8A rights "because they are your God given rights is a silly reason and only done by middle class people" also.

    2 - ask her to Google "Black Man With A Gun"

    3 - ask her if she is relying on news photos/video to support her assertion that blacks do not show up at demonstrations for 2A rights, or if she attends those demonstrations in person to count the number of non-whites present.

    4 - ask her if she considers it "whining" to demonstrate to preserve her right to choose whether or not to get an abortion, or to be free to speak her mind to the government, or to vote, or any of the other "rights?" How come seeking to preserve 2A rights is always whining while dealing with all the other amendments is necessary to keep the government in line?

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    spioi wrote:
    what the person is trying to say that I'm arguing with is the only people you see at demonstrations or get togethers are middle class whites who want to whine about their right to own guns just because they can own one. I'm trying to tell her just because you don't see other races or lower class ppl at get togethers doesen't mean it's a middle class white thing. she challenged me to show her any black or other race of ppl that care about their right to own a gun. she doesen't believe there are any.she thinks fighting for 2A rights to be able to bear arms "because it's your god given right" is a silly reason and only done by middle class ppl.
    Well stop and think about it for asecond, is she actually wrong? Throw in lower and lower-middleclass white people and she might have a point. Then go back to what I said...


    If there is a difference in black vs. white in this community, it's merely a visual display of political ideology. You can't see moderate white people that choose not to hang around with the extremists, because you simply can't see peoples' political leanings. But when you throw black folk into the mix, you already know that most are at least moderates. So when you don't see them around, it's easy to understand exactly what political groupsare beingalienateddue tothe extremist nut job stuff.

    There ARE black pro-2A people out there, but there are also reasons that you don't see them around the rest of this "group"or out being vocal. Just think of the pro-2A stereotype, that's not someone black people associate with, and for good reason. They've been alienated because of the the type of people that make up a good sized portion of the pro-2A movement.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I think part of the reason we don't see members of the Black community participating in 2A activities with whites is the "Oreo" factor. Any time blacks side with white people on any issue, their peers ridicule them and accuse them of being Oreo's, or some other durogitory. And black leaders like Sharpton and Jackson keep fanning the flames of racism.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, USA
    Posts
    584

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez your painting 2A supporters as racist white right wingers and with no statistical evidence to support your claim.



  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    FunkTrooper wrote:
    AWDstylez your painting 2A supporters as racist white right wingers and with no statistical evidence to support your claim.

    Seems to be a hobby of his.

  9. #9
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:
    AWDstylez your painting 2A supporters as racist white right wingers and with no statistical evidence to support your claim.

    Seems to be a hobby of his.
    Hobby? Its his sole purpose in life: To paint anyone that disagrees with him with a broad stroke of the brush asbeing Right Wing KKK members... Just look in his previous posts where that is EXACTLY what he did to me and others.

    This clown doesn't even KNOW ME, yet he asked if I was latefor a meeting and showed a photo of a KKK march.

    What a moron...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Hey Stylez, How about you cluing us in on what exactly this "2A stereotype" is that you refer to. Surely your not buying the DHS version?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Hobby? Its his sole purpose in life: To paint anyone that disagrees with him with a broad stroke of the brush asbeing Right Wing KKK members... Just look in his previous posts where that is EXACTLY what he did to me and others.

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Secondly, take a look around you at the type of extreme-right wack jobs that make up a decent section of this community.
    Yea, broad brush, I definitely said EVERY LAST 2A SUPPORTER!!!!111!!1!!!

    :quirky



    I'll ask you a better question. Why does the redneck gun nut stereotype exist? For the same reason as every other stereotype, it's grounded in reality. Does it cover everyone? Not by a long shot. It covers more people on this site than it does in the general 2A populace, but it's stillnot EVERYONE. You also ENTIRELY missed the point that it's MODERATES AND LIBERALS that are being alienated, not BLACKS. Blacks just happen to be moderates and liberals most of the time.

    The point is, the stereotype exists, whether you agree with it or not, it's there. You can reinforce it with the general right-wing nut jobbery seen often on this site or you can attempt to break it down (through more use of intelligence and less use of GOP/Alex Jonesrhetoric, zomg Obama is communist muslim, zomg sotomayor is the devil, etc), which would be a crushing blow to the anti's and also stop the alienation of groups like blacks and homosexuals.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    I lol'd at the title.

    So what exactly is your point and who said blacks don't care about the second amendment?

    First off, I do see a fair number of black people at ranges and local shops. If you aren't seeing them it may just be a regional thing.

    Secondly, take a look around you at the type of extreme-right wack jobs that make up a decent section of this community. Ask yourself, if you were black would you want to be hanging around with a bunch of closet KKK bigots or the stereotypical 2A supporter (that stereotypeexists with good reason)? The large majority of blacks are moderate to liberal leaning, even the ones that are 2A supporters. When you look around and see how closed minded many in this community are, why would anyone that's not equally wacked want to hang around with them?

    If there is a difference in black vs. white in this community, it's merely a visual display of political ideology. You can't see moderate white people that choose not to hang around with the extremists, because you simply can't see peoples' political leanings. But when you throw black folk into the mix, you already know that most are at least moderates. So when you don't see them around, it's easy to understand exactly what political groupsare beingalienateddue tothe extremist nut job stuff.

    It's funny, you know, because I just invited one of my black friends to the range. He just laughed at me, and he didn't laugh because he wasn't interested in guns.
    Are your arms tired from painting with such a broad brush?

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    The red-neck, stupid, white-trash gun toting stereo-type exists because the majority of the main stream media is and has been based in the leftist areas of the Northeast and gun ownership in the south, southern midwest, and non-coastal west is some 3X what it is in the MSM's backyard. Those major media outlets already think that everything not on the west coast or the northeast coast is just flyover country (excepting Chicago and Detroit apparently) with a bunch of stupid, uneducated, bible-thumping hicks who thwart their agendas while clinging to their God and guns. Some 40 years of hammering by those media sources have created and reinforced that stereotype for 2 generations of Americans.

    By the way, that stereotype is rarely used by natives of the south, midwest and non-coastal west outside of liberal urban areas. In other words, it is a stereotype that is used where it was created.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Hobby? Its his sole purpose in life: To paint anyone that disagrees with him with a broad stroke of the brush asbeing Right Wing KKK members... Just look in his previous posts where that is EXACTLY what he did to me and others.

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Secondly, take a look around you at the type of extreme-right wack jobs that make up a decent section of this community.
    Yea, broad brush, I definitely said EVERY LAST 2A SUPPORTER!!!!111!!1!!!

    :quirky



    I'll ask you a better question. Why does the redneck gun nut stereotype exist? For the same reason as every other stereotype, it's grounded in reality. Does it cover everyone? Not by a long shot. It covers more people on this site than it does in the general 2A populace, but it's stillnot EVERYONE. You also ENTIRELY missed the point that it's MODERATES AND LIBERALS that are being alienated, not BLACKS. Blacks just happen to be moderates and liberals most of the time.

    The point is, the stereotype exists, whether you agree with it or not, it's there. You can reinforce it with the general right-wing nut jobbery seen often on this site or you can attempt to break it down (through more use of intelligence and less use of GOP/Alex Jonesrhetoric, zomg Obama is communist muslim, zomg sotomayor is the devil, etc), which would be a crushing blow to the anti's and also stop the alienation of groups like blacks and homosexuals.
    You haven't even shown that ANY of "this community" is made up of the stereotypical redneck that you claim. Seems quite intolerant of you regardless.

    How would Danbus view your comment that blacks and guns don't fit in our society?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    Blacks are Second Amendmend supporters and they also have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms . Many Blacks are very conservative Republicans as was Martin Luther King Jr.

    A free man owns guns and slaves do not .

    George Romney marched with MLK and MLK wanted Romney to become President .



  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    303

    Post imported post

    wrightme wrote:
    You haven't even shown that ANY of "this community" is made up of the stereotypical redneck that you claim. Seems quite intolerant of you regardless.
    www.ar15.com

    /discussion

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    Il_Duce wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    You haven't even shown that ANY of "this community" is made up of the stereotypical redneck that you claim. Seems quite intolerant of you regardless.
    http://www.ar15.com

    /discussion

    We are not extremist gun owners . Did you know Obama just dropped this Black Panther Court Case ? Why ?

    Idiots come in all flavors .

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY


  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    So, for all of those attacking AWDstylez for saying something basically reasonable (I love how you all do that, but nobody ever takes him to task on his economics! Low-hanging fruit, huh? ), maybe you all missed this thread.

    AWDstylez is basically right about this one, and if it takes someone not at risk of being accused a "troll" to say it, then so be it.

    Nearly every stereotype exists for a reason. Being a member of the group subject to this particular stereotype, it seems to me a better response to disprove the stereotype through actions, rather than loudly crying about prejudicial mistreatment.

    Or else, we will represent just another case of "The lady doth protest too much..."

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:

    AWDstylez is basically right about this one, and if it takes someone not at risk of being accused a "troll" to say it, then so be it.

    Strange how one decides which extreme to defend . I am glad the U.S.A. is just alittle right of center and not left wing wacko fruitcakes .IMO

    Obama's currupt decision 29MAY2009 to dismiss despite clear evidence including : MSM video , police record , victims testimony , successful prosecution ... Obama has moved to dismiss this case . You just can't make this stuff up .

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Make what up? A bunch of young kids wasting their time hanging out wearing uniforms which intimidate nobody and engender even less respect?

    That's really newsworthy. :quirky

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    376

    Post imported post

    Well, there was a group of blacks in the 60's that would open carry walking down the streets, and the white majority didn't seem to take too well to it if I remember correctly...

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Make what up? A bunch of young kids wasting their time hanging out wearing uniforms which intimidate nobody and engender even less respect?

    That's really newsworthy. :quirky
    It is also against the law .

    Take two deep breaths and think about three New Black Panthers blocking voters with weapons .

    What would have happened if the Log Cabin Bikers pulled up to vote ?



  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    wrightme wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Hobby? Its his sole purpose in life: To paint anyone that disagrees with him with a broad stroke of the brush asbeing Right Wing KKK members... Just look in his previous posts where that is EXACTLY what he did to me and others.

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Secondly, take a look around you at the type of extreme-right wack jobs that make up a decent section of this community.
    Yea, broad brush, I definitely said EVERY LAST 2A SUPPORTER!!!!111!!1!!!

    :quirky



    I'll ask you a better question. Why does the redneck gun nut stereotype exist? For the same reason as every other stereotype, it's grounded in reality. Does it cover everyone? Not by a long shot. It covers more people on this site than it does in the general 2A populace, but it's stillnot EVERYONE. You also ENTIRELY missed the point that it's MODERATES AND LIBERALS that are being alienated, not BLACKS. Blacks just happen to be moderates and liberals most of the time.

    The point is, the stereotype exists, whether you agree with it or not, it's there. You can reinforce it with the general right-wing nut jobbery seen often on this site or you can attempt to break it down (through more use of intelligence and less use of GOP/Alex Jonesrhetoric, zomg Obama is communist muslim, zomg sotomayor is the devil, etc), which would be a crushing blow to the anti's and also stop the alienation of groups like blacks and homosexuals.
    You haven't even shown that ANY of "this community" is made up of the stereotypical redneck that you claim.

    I can't you show you anything if you don't open your eyes, and if you open your eyes then I won't even have to show you.

  24. #24
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553

    Post imported post

    spioi wrote:
    I'm currently in a debate about middle class whites only showing up to pro 2A marches. I'm told you'll not see a black person show up because only whites are concerned with the right to own a gun just because they can. I'm saying just because you don't see any black gun owners at marches doesen't mean it's a middle class white thing. they say blacks are concerned with more important things and not so much gun rights. sorry about the title. I should have said blacks and the 2nd amendment
    This thread might be some interesting reading for you:

    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29381





  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    ^Just more evidence for the point I was making.



    R a Z o R wrote:
    marshaul wrote:

    AWDstylez is basically right about this one, and if it takes someone not at risk of being accused a "troll" to say it, then so be it.

    Strange how one decides which extreme to defend . I am glad the U.S.A. is just alittle right of center and not left wing wacko fruitcakes .IMO

    Obama's currupt decision 29MAY2009 to dismiss despite clear evidence including : MSM video , police record , victims testimony , successful prosecution ... Obama has moved to dismiss this case . You just can't make this stuff up .

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY


    Really, man, always try to cut you some slack in my mind because of your problem and all... but how does that have ANYTHING to do with what we're talking about? That's just more strawman garbage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •