Thread: OCin' from out of state?

Post imported post

Okay, I live on the border of WV/VA (virginia) I know I can CC in WV but is it okay for me to OC in WV? I work in WV so I'm there at least 6 days a week normally.

Also on the CC topic, can I CC in a place like Texas (serves alcohol) in WV, where I can't in Virginia?

thanks,
    Rp

Post imported post

Simple answer: yes you can OC.

There are no restrictions on places that serve alcohol, so you should be able to cc or oc in establishments that serve alcohol, so long as the property owner allows it.

Post imported post

Same with me... I am on the ohio/WV border at Wheeling wv. I am an ohio resident but stay at friends house sometimes since its less than a mile for work. I work in wheeling wv.

Post imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
    Same with me... I am on the ohio/WV border at Wheeling wv. I am an ohio resident but stay at friends house sometimes since its less than a mile for work. I work in wheeling wv.
    I live in Atlanta, but have family in Wheeling and will be visiting there next month. Have to pick up a holster to OC with since WV doesn't recognize my Georgia license but, based on my research on this site, you can OC without a permit.

Any good ranges in the Wheeling area?

Post imported post

im not sure... i just moved here from columbus in feb. My parents live in ohio about an hr from me so when i really need to, i go there and shoot. I will check around though and let me know when you are in town and we can get together.

Post imported post

i grew up in valley grove and come down on occasion, the reciprocity agreement with pa was a great thing to see. i sometimes oc but usually cc.

Post imported post

Jerry wrote:
    DJ_Amish wrote:
    I live in Atlanta, but have family in Wheeling and will be visiting there next month. Have to pick up a holster to OC with since WV doesn't recognize my Georgia license but, based on my research on this site, you can OC without a permit.

Any good ranges in the Wheeling area?
    There are ranges in Moundsville, WV, Weirton, WV, and Mingo Junction, OH. I'm grew up across the river from Wheeling in Bridgeport but live in Georgia now.

Member GCO

Post imported post

Thanks for the tip on the ranges. I did a little research online and learned about the range in Moundsville. It's not easy finding these places, seems like most of them don't even have websites.

Post imported post

I just moved to the Wheeling Area, so if anyone knows of any good ranges and could post them up it would be greatly appreciated!

Post imported post

If anyone want to get together and do some shooting let me know