• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCin' from out of state?

ritepath

imported post

Okay, I live on the border of WV/VA (virginia) I know I can CC in WV but is it okay for me to OC in WV? I work in WV so I'm there at least 6 days a week normally.

Also on the CC topic, can I CC in a place like Texas (serves alcohol) in WV, where I can't in Virginia?

thanks,
Rp

DJ_Amish

imported post

Same with me... I am on the ohio/WV border at Wheeling wv. I am an ohio resident but stay at friends house sometimes since its less than a mile for work. I work in wheeling wv.

Jerry

imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
Same with me... I am on the ohio/WV border at Wheeling wv. I am an ohio resident but stay at friends house sometimes since its less than a mile for work. I work in wheeling wv.

I live in Atlanta, but have family in Wheeling and will be visiting there next month. Have to pick up a holster to OC with since WV doesn't recognize my Georgia license but, based on my research on this site, you can OC without a permit.

Any good ranges in the Wheeling area?

DJ_Amish

imported post

im not sure... i just moved here from columbus in feb. My parents live in ohio about an hr from me so when i really need to, i go there and shoot. I will check around though and let me know when you are in town and we can get together.

mpi

imported post

i grew up in valley grove and come down on occasion, the reciprocity agreement with pa was a great thing to see. i sometimes oc but usually cc.

Samuel Adams

imported post

Jerry wrote:
DJ_Amish wrote:

I live in Atlanta, but have family in Wheeling and will be visiting there next month. Have to pick up a holster to OC with since WV doesn't recognize my Georgia license but, based on my research on this site, you can OC without a permit.

Any good ranges in the Wheeling area?
There are ranges in Moundsville, WV, Weirton, WV, and Mingo Junction, OH. I'm grew up across the river from Wheeling in Bridgeport but live in Georgia now.

Member GCO

Jerry

imported post

Thanks for the tip on the ranges. I did a little research online and learned about the range in Moundsville. It's not easy finding these places, seems like most of them don't even have websites.

WV XD Guy

imported post

I just moved to the Wheeling Area, so if anyone knows of any good ranges and could post them up it would be greatly appreciated!