Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picnic in Frankenmuth

Post imported post

Heritage Park OC Picnic

Where To Meet: Heritage Park
    Address: 601 Weiss Street Frankenmuth, Michigan
    When: Sunday, July 19, 2009
    Time: 12:00 Noon - ?

The park is behind the Bavarian Inn Lodge. There is a pavilion and some beach volleyball courts. There is a small playground across the "road" and baseball fields. The park is right along the river for plenty of shore fishing and there is a boat launch across the river, but you have to head back to main street to get to it (I posted a map later on in this thread).

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    How about a date like July 19th?
    I like it! (that's my birthday)

But I won't be able to make it... That's farther than I'm going to drive in one day.

Hope you get a good turnout!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

me and the wife would attend if you dont mind.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    If I don't mind? Are you kidding? :P

Post imported post

SQLtables, the Heritage Park Picnic is in the Events Thread.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    no it seems like i have not been makeing friends latly around here so i dont want to stepp on any eggs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    no it seems like i have not been makeing friends latly around here so i dont want to stepp on any eggs.
    You are always welcome. Don't let a tiff with a few members spoil your fun with the groupat large. Get back out there and have fun.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    me and the¬* wife would attend if you dont mind.
    If I don't mind?¬* Are you kidding? :P
    You are always welcome.¬* Don't let a tiff with a few members spoil your fun with the group¬*at large.¬* Get back out there and have fun.
    Yup!

Post imported post

do you know if i can get my boat out on the cass river there? i'm not sure how big or deep of a river that is or if there is even a launch there....

:-)

as long as nothing else is going on, i'll be there. ever since it got warm out, my weekends have gone crazy on me too. :-P

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    do you know if i can get my boat out on the cass river there? i'm not sure how big or deep of a river that is or if there is even a launch there....

:-)

as long as nothing else is going on, i'll be there. ever since it got warm out, my weekends have gone crazy on me too. :-P
    Not sure how big your boat is. There is a boat launch directly across the river from Heritage Park. I don't know much about boats, but I know I've had my dads 10 footer out there, and I've seen some 15 and 20 footers.

Post imported post

sweet. i'll at least have to bring it with me then. its a 20' 190HP boat :-D i just got it tuesday :-D

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

You can put me and the wife down for the picnic. I'll bring a cooler, ice, case of water, napkins and plastic utensils. I have a small gas grill I can bring to.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    You can put me and the wife down for the picnic.¬* I'll bring a cooler, ice, case of water, napkins and plastic utensils.¬* I have a small gas grill I can bring to.
    Great! Thanks! We'll see you there.

Viper (and everybody else), the only problem with the boat launch is that it's across the river from Heritage Park, really, the only way to get to it is to go back up to Main St and back down...

here's a map that shows the pavilion I have in mind, and the boat launch...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...ec2606adbe8775

Post imported post

i'll at least bring it with me. then i'll see what happens from there. :-P

Post imported post

Well, a quick word about fishing on the river, does anybody think this applies to fishing?

Code:
    3.5. Recreational Activities. No person in a park shall:

(4) Hunt, trap or pursue wild life at any time. No person shall use, carry, or possess firearms of any description,
    or air-rifles, spring-guns, bow-and-arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wild life
    and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of
    trapping device. Shooting into park areas from beyond park boundaries is forbidden.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Well, a quick word about fishing on the river, does anybody think this applies to fishing?

Code:

(4) Hunt, trap or pursue wild life at any time. No person shall use, carry, or possess firearms of any description,
    or air-rifles, spring-guns, bow-and-arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wild life
    and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of
    trapping device. Shooting into park areas from beyond park boundaries is forbidden.
    No this doesn't apply to fishing. As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:

Code:

No this doesn't apply to fishing.¬* As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.
    It's not that I don't believe you, just wondering how you know.. so... how do you know? Is it because fishing is not "hunting, trapping, or pursuing", or is there some sort of preemption that I couldn't find.

BTW, I have sent them a letter on the "unenforceableness" of this ordinance in regards to firearms...

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:

Code:

No this doesn't apply to fishing. As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.
    It's not that I don't believe you, just wondering how you know.. so... how do you know? Is it because fishing is not "hunting, trapping, or pursuing", or is there some sort of preemption that I couldn't find.

BTW, I have sent them a letter on the "unenforceableness" of this ordinance in regards to firearms...
    Good job on the letter, keep us updated on the progress. I also sent one regarding Oxford park ordinances. I'll post it soon as I hear something.
    As for the fishing thing, that's the cass river that flows by that park. Tons of people fish the cass, it's mostly known for its small mouth bass but in certain parts there is some decent walleye fishing too.
    Also there's nothing in the ordinance that addresses fishing and/ or fishing gear, and just to put your mind at ease I called them too. I was told yes you can fish and there is actually a fishing tourney this weekend there.

Post imported post

I'm planning on attending.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

Taurus850cia and I attended the Fish on the Cass event held at the Heritage Park today, and we both carried open, not a problem, I would love to make it.

Post imported post

i guess my original response didn't qualify as a "I AM ATTENDING" response according to the events thread.... :-P

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    i guess my original response didn't qualify as a "I AM ATTENDING" response according to the events thread.... :-P
    Sorry about that Viper, I thought I'd already had you on the list. I had you on my hard copy but forgot to list you in the events thread. Demotion??? :?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    Sorry about that Viper, I thought I'd already had you on the list. I had you on my hard copy but forgot to list you in the events thread. Demotion??? :?
    No cookie for you this week.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Help I'm loosing whats left of my mind!

I responded that I'll be attending. I know where. I don't know date and time.

I have reread the thread three times It shows a suggested date of 19 Jun. The Event thread show nothing.

HELP ASAP
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    Help I'm loosing whats left of my mind!

I responded that I'll be attending. I know where. I don't know date and time.

I have reread the thread three times It shows a suggested date of 19 Jun. The Event thread show nothing.

HELP ASAP
    It's there LaVere right below the OC Freedom Festival Weekend for July 19th.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast