• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic in Frankenmuth

SQLtables

imported post

Heritage Park OC Picnic

Where To Meet: Heritage Park
Address: 601 Weiss Street Frankenmuth, Michigan
When: Sunday, July 19, 2009
Time: 12:00 Noon - ?

The park is behind the Bavarian Inn Lodge. There is a pavilion and some beach volleyball courts. There is a small playground across the "road" and baseball fields. The park is right along the river for plenty of shore fishing and there is a boat launch across the river, but you have to head back to main street to get to it (I posted a map later on in this thread).

EM87

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
How about a date like July 19th?

I like it! (that's my birthday) :D

But I won't be able to make it... That's farther than I'm going to drive in one day.

Hope you get a good turnout!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ruger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
me and the wife would attend if you dont mind.
If I don't mind? Are you kidding? :p
no it seems like i have not been makeing friends latly around here so i dont want to stepp on any eggs.
You are always welcome. Don't let a tiff with a few members spoil your fun with the groupat large. Get back out there and have fun.

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
me and the  wife would attend if you dont mind.
If I don't mind?  Are you kidding? :p
no it seems like i have not been makeing friends latly around here so i dont want to stepp on any eggs.
You are always welcome.  Don't let a tiff with a few members spoil your fun with the group at large.  Get back out there and have fun.

Yup!

viperar15

imported post

do you know if i can get my boat out on the cass river there? i'm not sure how big or deep of a river that is or if there is even a launch there....

:)

as long as nothing else is going on, i'll be there. ever since it got warm out, my weekends have gone crazy on me too. :p

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
do you know if i can get my boat out on the cass river there? i'm not sure how big or deep of a river that is or if there is even a launch there....

:)

as long as nothing else is going on, i'll be there. ever since it got warm out, my weekends have gone crazy on me too. :p

Not sure how big your boat is. There is a boat launch directly across the river from Heritage Park. I don't know much about boats, but I know I've had my dads 10 footer out there, and I've seen some 15 and 20 footers.

SQLtables

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
You can put me and the wife down for the picnic.  I'll bring a cooler, ice, case of water, napkins and plastic utensils.  I have a small gas grill I can bring to.

Great! Thanks! We'll see you there.

Viper (and everybody else), the only problem with the boat launch is that it's across the river from Heritage Park, really, the only way to get to it is to go back up to Main St and back down...

here's a map that shows the pavilion I have in mind, and the boat launch...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=110434202904756796020.00046b9ec2606adbe8775

SQLtables

imported post

Well, a quick word about fishing on the river, does anybody think this applies to fishing?

Code:
3.5. Recreational Activities. No person in a park shall:

(4) Hunt, trap or pursue wild life at any time. No person shall use, carry, or possess firearms of any description,
or air-rifles, spring-guns, bow-and-arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wild life
and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of
trapping device. Shooting into park areas from beyond park boundaries is forbidden.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Well, a quick word about fishing on the river, does anybody think this applies to fishing?

Code:

(4) Hunt, trap or pursue wild life at any time. No person shall use, carry, or possess firearms of any description,
or air-rifles, spring-guns, bow-and-arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wild life
and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of
trapping device. Shooting into park areas from beyond park boundaries is forbidden.
No this doesn't apply to fishing. As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.

SQLtables

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

Code:

No this doesn't apply to fishing.  As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.

It's not that I don't believe you, just wondering how you know.. so... how do you know? Is it because fishing is not "hunting, trapping, or pursuing", or is there some sort of preemption that I couldn't find.

BTW, I have sent them a letter on the "unenforceableness" of this ordinance in regards to firearms...

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

Code:

No this doesn't apply to fishing. As long as you have a fishing license you are ok.

It's not that I don't believe you, just wondering how you know.. so... how do you know? Is it because fishing is not "hunting, trapping, or pursuing", or is there some sort of preemption that I couldn't find.

BTW, I have sent them a letter on the "unenforceableness" of this ordinance in regards to firearms...
Good job on the letter, keep us updated on the progress. I also sent one regarding Oxford park ordinances. I'll post it soon as I hear something.
As for the fishing thing, that's the cass river that flows by that park. Tons of people fish the cass, it's mostly known for its small mouth bass but in certain parts there is some decent walleye fishing too.
Also there's nothing in the ordinance that addresses fishing and/ or fishing gear, and just to put your mind at ease I called them too. I was told yes you can fish and there is actually a fishing tourney this weekend there. ;)

conservative85

imported post

Taurus850cia and I attended the Fish on the Cass event held at the Heritage Park today, and we both carried open, not a problem, I would love to make it.