• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DDay Memorial Event

proud_to_serveUSAF

imported post

I plan on going to the D-Day Memorial 65th gathering next weekend with some of my fellow members of the armed forces and would like to open carry as I usually do. However, I'm fairly new to carrying and stilllearning all the does and donts as to where andI don't know if Bedford has any restrictions or pestering that I should watch out for. Can anybody shed some light on that for me? Also will anybody else be attending?

proud_to_serveUSAF

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Where is it being held?
Just off Route 460 near the Bedford Area Welcome Center. If that helps any. I'm not sure exactly because I've never been able to go. They're facing having to close the memorial for lack of funding and this is supposed to be the biggest turnout of veterans since the dedication.

Glock27Bill

imported post

occva wrote:
No problems in Bedford County. The D Day Memorial is private, I don't know if they have any restrictions.

The event may be sponsored by a private entity, but the venue is public.
The project [Memorial Center] is a joint effort of Bedford City and County to provide a place for visitors and citizens alike to learn about the many points of interest and benefits offered in and around Bedford as well as a facility for use by community groups and businesses.

proud_to_serveUSAF

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have OCd there before but that was maybe 3 years ago.

Good luck - and thanks to all vets and active for your service.

Yata hey