Thread: I need some help with Holster ideas

Post imported post

Ok Im New to OC and concealed options as i live in TN but I have a few extra pounds and was looking more toward ocingnow i did weigh 330 and now weigh about 225 but still have the love handle thing comeing into play here I know I know i cant have the cake and eat it too! but looking for the most comfortable optionI thought about a dropleg but at the same time feel thats a bit to much and might cause problems with on lookers mabe a shoulder rig???

Post imported post

For OWB carry try Comp-tac or Blade tech.
    Bob
    It's always a great day. If you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, USCCA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Post imported post

Buy a duty belt, belt keepers, and a safariland holster. Belt sizes can range depending on the type of belt. Simply put, you place the duty belt over your normal belt, and attach the duty belt to your "normal"/or garrison belt with keepers.

Duty belts - even an uncle mikes will work
    http://www.copsplus.com/dutybelts.ph...mp;perpage=160

Safariland holsters - get a level II or higher
    http://www.copsplus.com/dutyholsters...mp;perpage=160

Belt Keepers - get keepers which match the duty belt
    http://www.copsplus.com/beltkeepers.php

Therefore, when you want to take gear off, you just remove the belt keepers instead of constantly reinstalling the holster on your belt.

I don't care for paddle holsters or any other kind unless it's a drop leg. Buy a holster which is secured to your person by a tether(belt or thigh rig).

There is a safariland tactical thigh rig which has an option for a belt drop to increase the stabilization of the holster, you'd have to search for the extra attachment. Safariland 6004 series + accessories I believe.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

First thing first...congrats on loosing the weight..

Second, If you still have love handles, I would suggest a shoulder rig.

Post imported post

I am, how do you put this gently, a fat a**. I have been using a Fobus paddle holster with a well made belt and haven't had too many problems. Sometimes sitting in a smaller car, the grips will pinch but I typically don't have a problem. Also the Galco Concealed Holster fit very nicely. Never had a problem with that. Just try a few out and see how you like them. Maybe find some buddies that will let you try theirs. I personally don't like shoulder rigs. Being portly as I am they can be difficult to reach with the added girth to reach around.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I'm 6' tall, and have some of that "love" on the side as well at 250#. I use an I-Tac Defense paddle retention holster that has a 360 degree adjustment. I like it a lot, and have no problems with it. But it too will pinch you when in a car if not placed properly.

Post imported post

Here is a holster that is flexible, in that it can be worn low, under your stomach or turned to your side and worn that way. It is really accessible.

www.comfortholster.com

Post imported post

That's nothing more than a bellyband holster.

They have been around for years.

Post imported post

Or is it?

Your loss.