Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: What are you OCing Kentucky?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    74

    Post imported post

    My personal OC weapon is a Taurus1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster, and i was just wondering what everone else is carrying.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Upton, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    I usually carry my Taurus 85 with Crimson Trace grips in a Fobus holster.Sometimes it's my Security Six in a Bianchi.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lexington KY, ,
    Posts
    306

    Post imported post

    Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster. I love 40 cal.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Depending on my clothes for the day...

    Glock 17 in Fobus strongside, or in a shoulder rig

    Glock 22 in Fobus strongside or in a shoulder rig.

    Kel-Tec P11 in Fobus strongside, SOB holster, orgeneric ankle rig.

    Glock 27 in Uncle Mike ankle rig.

    I alslo carry a spare mag, an LED flashlight, a folding Gerber knife, 2 ounce Fox 5.3 pepper spray mini notepad and pen, and a Gerber Multi-tool in a nylon digital camera case on my weak side.

  5. #5
    Regular Member mellio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    101

    Post imported post

    8th ID wrote:
    Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster. I love 40 cal.
    +1


    Glock 23, Fobus holster. Love the .40 as well !

  6. #6
    Regular Member hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Union, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    Depends on time of year

    Winter .45 Kimber ProCarry Mirnacle High Ride

    Spring Keltec PF9 IWB clip

    Summer S&W 360PD Pocket Holster

    Fall Back to the Keltec PF9

    For Showand Fun1st Generation Colt SAA .45 Long Colt in Mirnacle Conceal Carry
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    hotrod wrote:
    Depends on time of year

    Winter .45 Kimber ProCarry Mirnacle High Ride

    Spring Keltec PF9 IWB clip

    Summer S&W 360PD Pocket Holster

    Fall Back to the Keltec PF9

    For Showand Fun1st Generation Colt SAA .45 Long Colt in Mirnacle Conceal Carry
    You must be the only person I have ever seen who goes from carrying a Kimber to a Kel-Tec!

    I carry one, too. I think they are a very underrated handgun. I carry the P-11.



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    63

    Post imported post

    OC? Sig P226 in a serpa holster

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Most often a Ruger SP101 357 magnum.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    74

    Post imported post

    just wanted to link up to 8th ID's post of organizing another Central Ky OC Picnic

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/26530.html

    hope we can generate a good turn out.

  11. #11
    Regular Member hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Union, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    superdemon wrote:
    hotrod wrote:
    Depends on time of year

    Winter .45 Kimber ProCarry Mirnacle High Ride

    Spring Keltec PF9 IWB clip

    Summer S&W 360PD Pocket Holster

    Fall Back to the Keltec PF9

    For Showand Fun1st Generation Colt SAA .45 Long Colt in Mirnacle Conceal Carry
    You must be the only person I have ever seen who goes from carrying a Kimber to a Kel-Tec!

    I carry one, too. I think they are a very underrated handgun. I carry the P-11.

    I like em so much I have them all P11, P40, P3AT, P32, PF9. Great small guns. The 40 is a little tough when you run lots or rounds through it at a single shoot.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Springfield XD 40 mostly in black pancake holster. Other days in a paddle sepra holster

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    S&W M&P .45 compact in a fobus holster. or/and a Glock 22in a fobus holster/ or shoulder. spare mag. for each and a set of S&W hancuffs

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    I carry an XD 40 Tactical 5"bbl. At work I carry a 642 or a Ruger SP101. Got several XD's and love em all.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    xdnky wrote:
    I carry an XD 40 Tactical 5"bbl. At work I carry a 642 or a Ruger SP101. Got several XD's and love em all.
    What county in western ky?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    Fred wrote:
    What county in western ky?
    McCracken County

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    Usually, it's an M&P .38. Sometimes it's the .38 Masterpiece. Sometimes the 22 .45acp. When I get done customizing the 21 .44 special, that will be my number one gun.

    Everything I have must have "S&W" stamped on the side, and have a round thing with holes in it in the center of the gun.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Hi-point c-9 9mm when I need to be more discreet since it almost looks like a cell phone holster from a distance.

    Otherwise the Hi-point .40S&W in a Fobus paddle holster.


  19. #19
    Regular Member Liberty4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    330

    Post imported post

    I carry concealed 24/7 - Kahr PM9, right rear pocket, with seven rounds of 9mm+P Corbon DPX in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I kayaked two miles on Jacobson Lake with it last night. It's small and light so I can carry it all the time, and the polymer and stainless construction is impervious to sweat and rain and whatever else I might encounter. It's also surprisingly accurate for such a tiny pistol, it has the sweetest DAO trigger I've ever felt, and I've found it to be extremely reliable. Them Moonies make a nice pistol!

    I open carry mostly for educational purposes, because I don't want concealed carry to make guns "out of sight, out of mind" and perpetuate the anti view that only police and criminals have guns. My open carry is a Glock 20 (the mighty 10mm!) in an Uncle Mike's paddle holster. This was also my backwoods carry last summer when I went hiking and camping in Alaska because the G20 with Double Tap ammo (16 rounds @ 746 ft lbs of muzzle energy!) is the smallest and lightest weapon I had that would reliably stop a grizzly bear. For urban carry, 10mm can punch through a car door and still have enough oomph on the other side.

    Lately, even when I open carry, I'm still concealed carrying the little Kahr.

    I've also recently traded my little Buck key chain pen knife for a SOG Aegis. http://sogknives.com/store/AE-02.html

    I think I'm turning into a hoplophile.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Hoplophile

    Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
    This is your final SHTF warning.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Glock 21 with Golden Saber. A PA63 in an ankle holster.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Radcliff
    Posts
    18
    I carry a para hi cap full size 1911 in a shoulder rig.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty4Ever View Post
    I carry concealed 24/7 - Kahr PM9, right rear pocket, with seven rounds of 9mm+P Corbon DPX in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I kayaked two miles on Jacobson Lake with it last night. It's small and light so I can carry it all the time, and the polymer and stainless construction is impervious to sweat and rain and whatever else I might encounter. It's also surprisingly accurate for such a tiny pistol, it has the sweetest DAO trigger I've ever felt, and I've found it to be extremely reliable. Them Moonies make a nice pistol!

    I open carry mostly for educational purposes, because I don't want concealed carry to make guns "out of sight, out of mind" and perpetuate the anti view that only police and criminals have guns. My open carry is a Glock 20 (the mighty 10mm!) in an Uncle Mike's paddle holster. This was also my backwoods carry last summer when I went hiking and camping in Alaska because the G20 with Double Tap ammo (16 rounds @ 746 ft lbs of muzzle energy!) is the smallest and lightest weapon I had that would reliably stop a grizzly bear. For urban carry, 10mm can punch through a car door and still have enough oomph on the other side.

    Lately, even when I open carry, I'm still concealed carrying the little Kahr.

    I've also recently traded my little Buck key chain pen knife for a SOG Aegis. http://sogknives.com/store/AE-02.html

    I think I'm turning into a hoplophile.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Hoplophile
    I'm the same way. I have just got my CC so I'm doing that right now. Its either with my Ruger LC9 in a DeSantis Insider IWB holster, or the Glock 23 in a Fobus Paddle. I also carry a Blueline tactical flashlight and a SOG flash 2 folding knife in my pocket. Everything strong side. I don't open carry, because my job has me in and out of peoples homes and several places of business and I don't want customers freaking out when seeing I am protecting myself. Personal choice I know. Hopefully I will OC more in the future.

  23. #23
    Regular Member hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Union, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley99 View Post
    I carry a para hi cap full size 1911 in a shoulder rig.
    Hurley I will pray you never have a problem with your PARA. If you do, do not count on Para Ordnance giving you the assistance you deserve!!
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    26
    Ruger P95 15 + 1 and another 15 rnd mag. In a paddle holster.

  25. #25
    Regular Member neuroblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,240
    My general EDC is a 9mm SIG P229 Elite Dark with SCT mags carried in a Galco Summer Comfort II IWB holster or carried in a Galco ******* shoulder rig.

    Other times is a .40 SIG P229 SCT carried in a Galco ******* shoulder rig.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •