• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are you OCing Kentucky?

NewGunOwner

I carry concealed 24/7 - Kahr PM9, right rear pocket, with seven rounds of 9mm+P Corbon DPX in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I kayaked two miles on Jacobson Lake with it last night. It's small and light so I can carry it all the time, and the polymer and stainless construction is impervious to sweat and rain and whatever else I might encounter. It's also surprisingly accurate for such a tiny pistol, it has the sweetest DAO trigger I've ever felt, and I've found it to be extremely reliable. Them Moonies make a nice pistol!

I open carry mostly for educational purposes, because I don't want concealed carry to make guns "out of sight, out of mind" and perpetuate the anti view that only police and criminals have guns. My open carry is a Glock 20 (the mighty 10mm!) in an Uncle Mike's paddle holster. This was also my backwoods carry last summer when I went hiking and camping in Alaska because the G20 with Double Tap ammo (16 rounds @ 746 ft lbs of muzzle energy!) is the smallest and lightest weapon I had that would reliably stop a grizzly bear. For urban carry, 10mm can punch through a car door and still have enough oomph on the other side.

Lately, even when I open carry, I'm still concealed carrying the little Kahr.

I've also recently traded my little Buck key chain pen knife for a SOG Aegis. http://sogknives.com/store/AE-02.html

I think I'm turning into a hoplophile.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hoplophile

I'm the same way. I have just got my CC so I'm doing that right now. Its either with my Ruger LC9 in a DeSantis Insider IWB holster, or the Glock 23 in a Fobus Paddle. I also carry a Blueline tactical flashlight and a SOG flash 2 folding knife in my pocket. Everything strong side. I don't open carry, because my job has me in and out of peoples homes and several places of business and I don't want customers freaking out when seeing I am protecting myself. Personal choice I know. Hopefully I will OC more in the future.

neuroblades

My general EDC is a 9mm SIG P229 Elite Dark with SCT mags carried in a Galco Summer Comfort II IWB holster or carried in a Galco Jackass shoulder rig.

Other times is a .40 SIG P229 SCT carried in a Galco Jackass shoulder rig.

mem1977

I carry a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 9mm everyday. I get a lot of looks and I've been Walmart and had parents with little kids acting up tell them that if they keep being mean that police man will get you. LOL I just laugh and walk on about my business.

:banana::monkey

KYGlockster

Activist Member
When I'm in school I carry my glock 27 or 30. When I'm not, I carry one of many, mostly glocks. If I'm in the woods or hiking, normally a glock 20. I normally OC with blackhawk serpas. CCarry, I use IWB galco, or cOmp-tac minatours.

boomer92266

I open carry a Taurus 605 357 magnum when i'm around the house, yard, or just taking a stroll down the road. when I hike in the woods or just in them for a nice walk, I carry my 605 on my right hip in a fobus holster and i carry a heritage rough rider 22lr with 3.5 inch barrel on my left side. I figure if i run up on something small i can take care of it with the 22 and not have to fire off the magnum, but have the magnum handy for the bigger vermin. I still haven't got up the nerve to open carry in my local town, mabe someday. thanks

09jisaac

I say that you should try OCing. 90% of everyone will never notice, 5% that does support you (usually silently), 3% don't like it and only 2% would say anything bad to you, if it is anything like my experiences.

Savage206

I carry a FNH-FNP-9 in a Blackhawk Leather owb holster. I really like it. It is detachable with a thumb break. Still looking for a good leather single double stack leather mag holder for the other side of my belt.(if anyone has any suggestions...not to thread jack..) Here is a link to the holster I use!

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Detachable-Slide-Leather-Concealment,1149,1418.htm

EDIT* I use the one for the Springfield XD as it is a perfect fit for the FNP-9

Last edited:

bforbaker

I carry a FNH-FNP-9 in a Blackhawk Leather owb holster. I really like it. It is detachable with a thumb break. Still looking for a good leather single double stack leather mag holder for the other side of my belt.(if anyone has any suggestions...not to thread jack..) Here is a link to the holster I use!

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Detachable-Slide-Leather-Concealment,1149,1418.htm

EDIT* I use the one for the Springfield XD as it is a perfect fit for the FNP-9

For Leather mag holders, look at http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

They have IWB and OWB's.