Thread: Any Plans in Racine/Kenosha?

Post imported post

Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans for an Open Carry picnic in Racine or Kenosha County. If there aren't any would anyone be interested in setting one up in June?

Post imported post

I have OC'ed, been detained, but still OC in Kenosha. It would be nice to organize an OC event or a walk. There are school zones everywhere though.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I live in Racine and I have only OC'ed on my property because there is a school within 1000 feet. i would attend an OC picnic wether its in racine or kenosha.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was on vacation and missed this thread... I would also be interested in an open carry picnic/get together...

Actually, just this morning I had the idea of open carrying at 1st Fridays in downtown Racine. For those who aren't familiar, it happens the first Friday of each month, there is music, all of the shops are open late, lots of people walking the streets, it promotes business for the downtown area.

I'm going to do some research on any schools in the area, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here is a quick map I made of the downtown area of Racine and school zones. I used the worse case senario of each school (closest to Main St.)... 1st Friday's is held on Main Street between 6th St and State St.

I'm going do there tonight, I think I'll be open carrying, got to start doing this sometime. =)