• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Plans in Racine/Kenosha?

springfieldxd40

imported post

Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans for an Open Carry picnic in Racine or Kenosha County. If there aren't any would anyone be interested in setting one up in June?

GJD

imported post

I have OC'ed, been detained, but still OC in Kenosha. It would be nice to organize an OC event or a walk. There are school zones everywhere though.

sillybilly1a

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I live in Racine and I have only OC'ed on my property because there is a school within 1000 feet. i would attend an OC picnic wether its in racine or kenosha.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was on vacation and missed this thread... I would also be interested in an open carry picnic/get together...

Actually, just this morning I had the idea of open carrying at 1st Fridays in downtown Racine. For those who aren't familiar, it happens the first Friday of each month, there is music, all of the shops are open late, lots of people walking the streets, it promotes business for the downtown area.

I'm going to do some research on any schools in the area, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here is a quick map I made of the downtown area of Racine and school zones. I used the worse case senario of each school (closest to Main St.)... 1st Friday's is held on Main Street between 6th St and State St.

I'm going do there tonight, I think I'll be open carrying, got to start doing this sometime. =)

Racine-MainSt-OC-Map.bmp