• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Any weapons in the vehicle?"

jimd144

imported post

If stopped for say speeding or simple infraction, do I have to answer this question?

Please cite the regulation.

adamsesq

imported post

jimd144 wrote:
If stopped for say speeding or simple infraction, do I have to answer this question?

Please cite the regulation.

You just asked this very same question in another thread "I was pulled over today in Tigard" and it was answered there too:

adamsesq wrote:
Nothing in Oregon mandates you tell upon being pulled over. Kind of moot however as they will know you at least have a CHL if you are driving a vehicle registered to you or they run your Drivers License.

Not exactly the same as we are talking about here but they can, however, ask if you have any weapons in the vehicle (ORS 810.410.) And you must show them your weapon (if asked) and you are in (or on?) a public building (ORS 166.380.)

-adamsesq

jimd144

imported post

I guess I wasn't clear in my mind. Moderator, please delete this thread.

Rogue40

imported post

Over all I think that was a good question, however if asked you should advise them with your permit, "yes I am carry today"