• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Parks

Boolitsmith

imported post

Hello everyone,just a quick question.I am taking the wife and kids on a week long camping trip in a KY State Park.Does anyone know the laws on carrying in State Parks?I have searched and can't come up with any clear info.I have my ccw permit but I open carry whenever I can.

langzaiguy

imported post

Where ya camping? No, to my knowledge, there are no laws pertaining to Kentucky SPs.

I just got back from OCing in the Gorge. I know it isn't a SP but no one said anything and I even saw another guy out there OCing.

MgoBlue

imported post

Legal to carry there.

From Kentucky State Police:
A concealed firearm or other deadly weapon SHALL NOT be carried in the following places:
  • Police station or sheriff's office.
  • Detention facility, prison or jail.
  • Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).
  • County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.
  • Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.
  • General Assembly session, including committee meetings.
  • Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
  • Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).
  • Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.
  • Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.
  • Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.
http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

sarge83

imported post

I asked this question of my state representative and actually had a state park ranger contact me and he said, carry in the state park was perfectly legal.