• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Accelerated Pistol Course Promo

Edward Peruta

imported post

CT PISTOL PERMIT COURSE OF INSTRUCTION PROMO VIDEO

http://www.ourrockyhill.com/1.Firearms%20Course/Firearms.Course.Promo.06.03.09_11.20.min.wmv

This link will take you to an extremelybrief description of the approved course of instruction being offered in CT.

The course of instruction will be offered in or nearRocky Hill, CT, and will begin with abrief phone or in person interview together witha request to submitbasic documents and advance payment prior toparticipation inthe approved course of instruction.

The course of instruction is designed for accelerated presentation and participation.

Depending on how fast a participants grasps the approved course content will ultimately determine the time required to obtain certification of successful course completion.

The main objectives of this course of instruction ARE:

1. PREPARING INDIVIDUALS FOR THE CT PERMIT TO CARRY PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS PROCESS.

2. UNDERSTANDING THE PISTOL PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS.

3. PISTOL AND FIREARMS SAFETY.

4. UNDERSTANDING THE CRIMINAL AND CIVILASPECTS OF CARRYING A PISTOL OR REVOLVERIN CT.

5. THE PERMIT RENEWAL AND REVOCATION PROCESS.

4. THE ACCURATE UNDERSTANDING OF CONNECTICUT FIREARMSLAWS.

5. LIVE FIRE TOGETHER WITHTHE SAFE HANDLING AND STORAGEOF PISTOLS IN CT.

6. Certification of course completion as required by the State of Connecticut.

LIVE FIRE, WHICH IS A REQUIRED TO RECEIVE CERTIFICATION WILL ALSO BE OFFERED IN A MANNER WHICH DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT.

Marksmanship and proficiency with a pistol are NOT required for successful course completion.

For participants with current knowledge and pistol skills, this course may be completed in a very brief time period.

Each person who successfully completes the course will receive a CD containingthe course material for future reference and review.

For more information on participating in this course of instruction, please send an email with contact information to;

edperuta@amcable.tv

AGust82

imported post

how "accelerated" is this course? My permit class a few years ago took 6 hours. I know of a guy that does one on one courses that take 3 hours.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Ed, Your course may be faster than the courses given by other NRA certified instructors, however as far as cost goes you are in the same ballpark.
The costs at the end of your video say group rates. It seems that the actual 50+35+10 = 95. Also there is no explanation of the 35 fee in there. 50 for the course and 10 for the certificate. Being a shooter I would assume the 35 is the range fees?

Edward Peruta

imported post

AGust82 wrote:
how "accelerated" is this course? My permit class a few years ago took 6 hours. I know of a guy that does one on one courses that take 3 hours.
As stated, the course length is dependant upon the knowledge of each individual. As an instructor, I don't believe students should have to learn what they already know.

As the author of the course and the instructor responsible for certifying an individual, I will determine when the student is prepared to be certified.

If I go through the course materials which could take as little as30 and 60 minutes, and the individual comprehendsthe material presented, then it will take 30 to 60 minutes to complete the classroom portion. If the individual fails to grasp what has been presented or has questions that take longer to explain, then it will take longer.

Firearm safety and the ability to find and understand firearms laws will be a priority.

Live fire and the safe handling of a pistol or revolver is totally seperate from the classroom style instruction.

For more specifics, send an email with specific quesitons.

Edward Peruta

imported post

THE LOVER wrote:
Ed, Your course may be faster than the courses given by other NRA certified instructors, however as far as cost goes you are in the same ballpark.
The costs at the end of your video say group rates. It seems that the actual 50+35+10 = 95. Also there is no explanation of the 35 fee in there. 50 for the course and 10 for the certificate. Being a shooter I would assume the 35 is the range fees?
My approved course of instruction is NOT an NRA course.

You are correct, the 35 dollar fee for live fire may be used towards conducting the live fire at an establishedrange. I'll have to edit the video clip to be more accurate.

If necessary, live fire could take place at a range, but please be aware of the fact that myapproved course of instruction does not require that the live fire take place at a range. There are places in Central Connecticut where it is permissible to legally and safely discharge a pistol or revolver to complete the live fire requirementsof my course.

The 10 dollar fee for the initial letter of certification or a duplicate is based in part on the overall cost of the course.

No excuses, I am not teaching an NRA course of instruction, and am not going to waste the time of any individual who has most of the information necessary to obtain certification for a permit.

For specifics beyond what you have asked, send an email.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

I am aware that it will not be the NRA course. We talked at the last CCDL meeting.
I am Lenny. I was just commenting on your video. Very good job! See you at the next meeting.