Thread: TN Gov. Vetoes Restaurant Carry Bill

Post imported post

The Bill that would allowHCP holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcahol as long as they did not drink, was vetoed by the Gov. on Thursday. The House and Senate will try and override his veto this week.
    Bob
    It's always a great day. If you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, USCCA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Post imported post

Hope it gets over turned.

Post imported post

Hope it gets over turned.

Post imported post

tnroadrunner wrote:
    The Bill that would allowHCP holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcahol as long as they did not drink, was vetoed by the Gov. on Thursday. The House and Senate will try and override his veto this week.
    Well, it if gets overturned, and somebody who is carrying a gun decides to drink and get drunk, what then? How would that affect the media's and public's acceptance of lawful gun carry. remember, it only takes ONE to screw up all efforts towards 2A and RKBA.

Post imported post

We can carry and drink here in California. How many issues have we had with that?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
    tnroadrunner wrote:
    Well, it if gets overturned, and somebody who is carrying a gun decides to drink and get drunk, what then? How would that affect the media's and public's acceptance of lawful gun carry. remember, it only takes ONE to screw up all efforts towards 2A and RKBA.
    That's some messed up logic.:shock:

"What if a guy carrying a firearm decides to just start shooting people?!"

Sound familiar?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
    tnroadrunner wrote:
    If this law passed it would still be illegal for someone to drink while carrying a gun, so.....what's your point?

Post imported post

The law in TN is that if you have your HCP and you are carrying you cannot drink. So what is the difference if we are allowed to carry where alcohol is served.
    Bob
    It's always a great day. If you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, USCCA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Post imported post

Obviously it is much safer to have a firearm locked in a vehicle that is susceptible to a smash and grab than to have it holstered on the hip of a LAC. :shock:

These politicians and antis don't think about this matter. If I can't carry my weapon into a certain place of business where is it going to be? I'm certainly not driving all the way home to store it so it is going to be in my vehicle. That means unholstering, maybe unloading, in a parking lot where other people might see me manipulating my weapon and note that I left it in the vehicle. Now it is an unattended weapon in a pretty much unsecured location, left there at the order of politicians and anti-gun types. Seems they are creating a pretty unsafe situation to me.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."