• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TN Gov. Vetoes Restaurant Carry Bill

tnroadrunner

imported post

The Bill that would allowHCP holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcahol as long as they did not drink, was vetoed by the Gov. on Thursday. The House and Senate will try and override his veto this week.

KS_to_CA

imported post

tnroadrunner wrote:
The Bill that would allowHCP holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcahol as long as they did not drink, was vetoed by the Gov. on Thursday. The House and Senate will try and override his veto this week.
Well, it if gets overturned, and somebody who is carrying a gun decides to drink and get drunk, what then? How would that affect the media's and public's acceptance of lawful gun carry. remember, it only takes ONE to screw up all efforts towards 2A and RKBA.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
tnroadrunner wrote:
Well, it if gets overturned, and somebody who is carrying a gun decides to drink and get drunk, what then? How would that affect the media's and public's acceptance of lawful gun carry. remember, it only takes ONE to screw up all efforts towards 2A and RKBA.

That's some messed up logic.:shock:

"What if a guy carrying a firearm decides to just start shooting people?!"

Sound familiar?

Toymaker

imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
tnroadrunner wrote:

If this law passed it would still be illegal for someone to drink while carrying a gun, so.....what's your point?

tnroadrunner

imported post

The law in TN is that if you have your HCP and you are carrying you cannot drink. So what is the difference if we are allowed to carry where alcohol is served.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Obviously it is much safer to have a firearm locked in a vehicle that is susceptible to a smash and grab than to have it holstered on the hip of a LAC. :shock:

These politicians and antis don't think about this matter. If I can't carry my weapon into a certain place of business where is it going to be? I'm certainly not driving all the way home to store it so it is going to be in my vehicle. That means unholstering, maybe unloading, in a parking lot where other people might see me manipulating my weapon and note that I left it in the vehicle. Now it is an unattended weapon in a pretty much unsecured location, left there at the order of politicians and anti-gun types. Seems they are creating a pretty unsafe situation to me.