• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unimpressed with Wisconsin "Patriots"

DanM

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
What you young pups fail/refuse to realize, every time one of you applies for a CCW permit, you are strengthening / empowering the state. Don't do it.

If concealed carry ever becomes Vermont-style down here, maybe. Until then, never.

Well, Wisconsin doesn't even have shall-issue CCW, so the matter ofapplying for one is moot.

If they do get it,if it is a pay-to-play system, I say pay-to-play and work like hell, politically, to liberalize things even further toward Vermont-style gun regulation or at least minimize cost and/or gov't involvement.

My philosophy is: take advantage of all laws you have with respect to the RKBA (even if you have to pay for some, like CCW) and get politically active as hell to eliminate the costs/restrictions within thelaw. Definitely don't sit back and accept the laws as they are . . . work hard to liberalize them even further.

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Welcome Mark good to hear from a southern brother!

Right now open carry is my only ambition. CCW will only lead to fees and registration and mandatory training that would be unaffordable and inconvenient to the average Joe at this point. Just another way for them to restrict our rights. Really not interested in that, not now anyways.

This is incorrect.....I have had a CCW for years and the total cost was 150.00 and an 8 hour training class. CCW is the only way I will carry as I have no desire to have others know that I am armed.

I carry CCW 24/7 and feel very secure in doing it and knowing that I can protect my family should the need arise.

OC is fine but it will always be socially frowned upon in todays society. Carry your gun on your hip to church and see what kind of reaction you get. I carry to mine and noone knows.

No worries though......Wisconsin is a lost cause......the left owns it.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I actually think OC is better than CC. But then at teh same point, a double edge sword.They talk about the deterent effect of when CC legislation passes. "criminals don't know who's carrying"

With OC, criminals would just STEER clear of anyone OC'ing. But on the bad side, criminals KNOW anyone not OC'ing is unarmed and an easy target because in WI they know law-abiding peolpe don't/can't conceal.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smooth wrote:
As a guy that comes from Arizona, I was excited at the opportunity to get involved in helping to get Wisconsin gun laws out of the dark ages, I went to the Onalaska OC picnic and was quite impressed at the turnout.

And then I saw what happened on the threads here with internet "commandos" hijacking threads, saying that "we don't need rallys" and so on and so forth and it became crystal clear to me why we have the gun laws that we have in Wisconsin.

It has become apparent to me that this state will NEVER get a CCW law passed simply because people spend more time drinking beer and following the Packers than they do caring about their Constitutional rights!!

I give......I'll just take my chances andcarry the cheap piece concealed, keep the homefront on alertand watch from the sidelines as you guys figure out what happened in Wisconsin.

Not trying to be a dick but Wisconsin "patriots" don't stand a chance against the left. Your tendacies of self destruction are something that seems to be very comfortable.

Good luck with that.

First, my apologies for not welcoming you to the forum. Second, thank you again for coming to Onalaska.

Having said that, YES many in Wisconsin are complacent and it will take time to get them to come around.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Why are there soooooooooo many persons so strongly advocating CC on a forum titled opencarry?
Well Mark most of us want to have both, however, we do not want to relinquish anything to get cc. Personally if oc is the best we get I can live with that too.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

smooth wrote
This is incorrect.....I have had a CCW for years and the total cost was 150.00 and an 8 hour training class.
Well Smooth, Diamond Jim and his henchmen will make sure that the cost is ridiculous enough that it will not be worth while that is for sure. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your statement. However, we have to take things one step at a time here in Carryland.

MJ

imported post

The state legislature has passed CCW 2 or 3 times, it has been vetoed by the fuhrer/governor each time. Writing letters is like voting on an electronic voting machine with no receipts, it might be nearly worthless but we should not give up.

If we replace the governor with anyone decent we will have CCW. The problem is the republicans are often just as bad, pushing like patriot acts and other disgusting un-American things. All we need is a decent republican to step up to the plate and get rid of the scumbag who has seized power.

I dont think anyone wants to somehow trade open carry for concealed carry, I think both would be great as long as a local jurisdiction cannot limit either of them.

GlocksRfun

imported post

This is one depressing thread. But also one that everyone should read. We have a great state parks system here. 1 good thing about the crazy left government.2 bad it's not football season.

AaronS

imported post

Don't know if it is going anywhere, but I just got a reply from Randall Newman (Menomonee Falls Trustee) that he is forwarding my request to have the (on the book) ban of open carry, removed from Local Menomonee Falls law. I understand that Statute 66.0409 voids this open carry ban, but it would be a good step to have the old laws removed from the books.

I thing we should all start a mass-mailing to every elected official we can find. Most might not even read the letters, but if we can just get a few to make the changes on the books, we might be able to get the rest to follow. I think it's worth a try.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

We're on a forum called open carry.
Lots of you are pushing for CC, but will "settle" for OC.
One is a right, the other a privilege.
What's wrong with this picture?
Calling one a right and the other a privilege. They're both rights as far as I'm concerned. One right is much more infringed than the other.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
We're on a forum called open carry.
Lots of you are pushing for CC, but will "settle" for OC.
One is a right, the other a privilege.
What's wrong with this picture?
Calling one a right and the other a privilege. They're both rights as far as I'm concerned. One right is much more infringed than the other.
Agreed. I'd prefer having both, it just gives you more options. CCW is really necessary up here if for no other reason than it gets freaking cold up here and I don't want to have to wear a thigh rig to exercise my rights.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Since it rarely drops to 10 degrees F down here in LA, no. I DO OC in the teens and 20's, even ride the motorcycle in that weather, OC'ing the whole time.

-10..... NEGATIVE 10 Mark. That's without windchill. The coldest day last year was around 20 degrees below zero, -40 something with the windchill.

I see your point, and totally agree that OC is the way to go when you can, but it is nigh impossible to OC here in the dead of winter. CC may be the only effective means to excercise your right some days.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Re privileges and rights. Calling a privilege a right don't make it one. A permitted privilege is not a right uninfringed.

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg. (Traditionally attributed to Lincoln, including the solecism) Familiar Quotations by John Bartlett, Thirteenth and Centennial Edition, 1955, Little, Brown & Co., Boston