• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unimpressed with Wisconsin "Patriots"

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

As a guy that comes from Arizona, I was excited at the opportunity to get involved in helping to get Wisconsin gun laws out of the dark ages, I went to the Onalaska OC picnic and was quite impressed at the turnout.

And then I saw what happened on the threads here with internet "commandos" hijacking threads, saying that "we don't need rallys" and so on and so forth and it became crystal clear to me why we have the gun laws that we have in Wisconsin.

It has become apparent to me that this state will NEVER get a CCW law passed simply because people spend more time drinking beer and following the Packers than they do caring about their Constitutional rights!!

I give......I'll just take my chances andcarry the cheap piece concealed, keep the homefront on alertand watch from the sidelines as you guys figure out what happened in Wisconsin.

Not trying to be a dick but Wisconsin "patriots" don't stand a chance against the left. Your tendacies of self destruction are something that seems to be very comfortable.

Good luck with that.

308Panther

imported post

Smooth,

Couldnt agree more.

Btw...Noticed you are a newer member also.Did anybody evenbother to say welcome to the board to ya?

AaronS

imported post

So what have you done to help?

Have you sent out any letters? Have you called any public officials? Have you done anything other then telling us how dumb we are?

I am not on "my" side, I am on "our" side. And I think you are wrong, we will get CCW someday, but for now it is open carry that is at issue (OPENCARRY.ORG). And we are changing the way people look at it. Wisconsin is not, nor will it ever be, Arizona. We move a LOT slower, on most things. Thats just how it works in our state (slow). In Wisconsin, we need to convince the "left" that this is a protected right. We do not need tofight against the left, we have the law on our side.

I say love it, leave it, or try to change it. Don't just complain about it, or you are part of the problem.

Oh, and yes, I do love my Packers, and beer! And I open carry every day! I have also spent over $20 in stamps, to send out letters to every official I can in S/E Wisconsin (some even reply).

We will win this fight.

smithman

imported post

smooth wrote:
Not trying to be a dick but Wisconsin "patriots" don't stand a chance against the left. Your tendacies of self destruction are something that seems to be very comfortable.
Smooth I am still trying to decyfer the point of your post. What gives?

Secondly, it would apparantly surprise you to know that it was the Patriots who kept after JB during and after Brad Krause's case. The patriots literally badgered his office weekly in an attempt to get him to say something. JB even took his personal time on a Sunday to respond to a Patriot's inquiry on the matter. After that email from him it was clear that that the issue had floated to the top of his attention and he was well aware of what was going on. Turns out his memo did all that we hoped for and more (by reminding Police of the rules of detaining someone, for instance). All of this happened behind the scenes...why? To not allow anti's to derail the efforts. But you won't find the Patriots trying to take credit for this on their website, because they are humble, and at this point, it doesn't matter who helped JB to clarify the law, all that matters is that it's clarified.

Of course the Patriots do not deserveall the credit. Several people on this forum also contributed to contacting the AG's office on the matteron their own, and I would like to thank them for their efforts as well.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Smithman,
I think you may be mistaken. Smooth does not seem to be speaking of "The Wisconsin Patriots" as an organized groupsince he only quoted "Patriots" in his post. He is referring to each and every one of us!!

We seem to always have several things "In the works" at any given time, but the majority of these events fall through, get cancelled, or get lost among all the arguing about what or who is right or wrong and it seems as if "peeing in peoples Wheaties" is a common theme in the WI thread.

I think we all need to take a look at the MI thread, and take a lesson from them. That group always has something happening, be it a large picnic, or a group of 10 or less meeting for an O-C lunch or breakfast they meet up and get out there and do things. On some weekends people need to choose which event they will attend because severalmay behappening at the same time. they do not try and organize large media events, they just go out and do things in groups and get it done!

It is rough for me to attend any of the WI events because I live in the middle of friggin nowhere! If people involved in this forum dolive within a reasonable distance or each other, get out there, strap-on, and go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and make our presence known! I wish we had more member in Vilas, Oneida, and surrounding counties to meet up and discuss strategies to get some of these laws changed, or just meet up to B.S. and exercise our rights!

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

"Smithman,
I think you may be mistaken. Smooth does not seem to be speaking of "The Wisconsin Patriots" as an organized groupsince he only quoted "Patriots" in his post. He is referring to each and every one of us!!"

Exactly what I am referring to.

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

What have I done? In 7 weeks? Well for one I opencarried in Madison a couple of times, I rode 160 miles to Onalaska where I knew noone to show support to their picnic there.

I don't "write letters", the reps don't care about your letters and e-mails and probably use them for coasters for their beers as they watch the Packers.

As I said, I'l just continue to CCW and clean my rifles and wait for the coming collapse of the economy.;)

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
AMEN on the political whores in the statehouses and their contempt for us peons.
Write letters? LOL, that's for the rookies who still believe the lie.
As for the coming collapse, you shouldn't be waiting too long.

More and more of us out there!!

308Panther

imported post

"So what have you done to help?
Have you sent out any letters? Have you called any public officials?

We will win this fight"

1.)Like the T-shirt reads: If I have to explain.....You wouldnt understand.
2.)Sometime in this lifetime would be nice.
"We seem to always have several things "In the works" at any given time, but the majority of these events fall through, get cancelled, or get lost among all the arguing about what or who is right or wrong and it seems as if "peeing in peoples Wheaties" is a common theme in the WI thread."

Exactly....

"Why would you want CCW when OC is already recognized to be lawful?"

OC'ing in a winter parka is a buzzkill.And its a lot more fun watchin the "Oh Sh+t" look creep over a BG's face when he realizes there are357 reasonswhy I like to be left alone.

My next statement I would like to direct to the Admins/Mods:
I would like my account/profile deactivated.I dont see a need to be a member here.I joined looking for oppurtunities and to be active in something with what I thought were like minded people in preserving and further developing a Right that is going to be lost in the near future if We dont start doing more about ittoday.

We had an oppurtunity.......A big one.
We dont anymore....and here is something some of you just dont understand.

The Legislation Won Again.

Just because some weren't willing honor a couple simple requests.

You dont need my help or participation.

Your to busy winning thebattle FORTHE LEGISLATION.

Wisconsin,You have the Legislation you DESERVE !!!!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

First, Welcome aboard Smooth.

Unfortunately there are some of us that are drifting away from the initial purpose of this site. However, even though I do not necessarily agree with some of their ambitions I still would have to say they are truly all patriots of the cause. Some have just become a little misguided and over ambitious. I sincerely hope they will realize this on their own and come to order with what needs to initially be accomplished here in Wisconsin.

The Rally in Madison was canceled by the organizer partly for the outside ambitions of some of the members of this forum, but also because the organizer thought it may be best to hold this event at a later time when the over all attention the event would bring would be better used against Diamond Jim and his henchmen in Madison.

Hmm in thinking of all those crooks in Madison I just thought of the movie Boondock Saints!

Anyways, One thing is for sure. We all need to stick together. For get about all of the obstacles and issues outside what we are coming together for. Those things will all fall into place at a later time.

Today we all need to be brothers in arms and stand up for our God given rights. Please everyone lets stay focused. Together we can do anything. Divided we fail!

Carry On!

2A Forever!

DanM

imported post

yea, about 3% of the general population.

A vocal, politically engaged, and politically organizing 3% defending the RKBA can be a force that government representatives can't ignore.

And every true defender of the RKBA must help keep erect a big tent to include all brothers-in-arms, no matter what lawful firearm or what lawful mode of carry they choose. History has shown that if we discriminate amongst ourselves, anti-gun forces freely chip away, bit-by-bit, the 2A. Truly, the saying "United we stand, divided we fall" has never been more appropriate than to the cause of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

AaronS

imported post

Aaron S,
Why would you want CCW when OC is already recognized to be lawful?

You ever carry a gun on your hip in winter? -10 is a bit to cold not to have a full length coat on. I think CCW would help this. I do not mind open carry, at all.

I fully agree though with J. Gleason;

"Anyways, One thing is for sure. We all need to stick together. For get about all of the obstacles and issues outside what we are coming together for. Those things will all fall into place at a later time.

Today we all need to be brothers in arms and stand up for our God given rights. Please everyone lets stay focused. Together we can do anything. Divided we fail!"

So for now, I am happy just getting the local law to understand my rights better, and to let me be. It is summer, and I am more then happy to open carry. It helps keep the sweat off my gun.

imported post

Since it rarely drops to 10 degrees F down here in LA, no. I DO OC in the teens and 20's, even ride the motorcycle in that weather, OC'ing the whole time.

What you young pups fail/refuse to realize, every time one of you applies for a CCW permit, you are strengthening / empowering the state. Don't do it.

If concealed carry ever becomes Vermont-style down here, maybe. Until then, never.

Focused? Yes, but not in the wrong direction.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Welcome Mark good to hear from a southern brother!

Right now open carry is my only ambition. CCW will only lead to fees and registration and mandatory training that would be unaffordable and inconvenient to the average Joe at this point. Just another way for them to restrict our rights. Really not interested in that, not now anyways.