• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic-Possible Dates/Locations

8th ID

imported post

Since our first meet & greet went so well here in Lex. yesterday, I thought we might throw around the idea of doing a picnic-getting more OCer's out and including family members/spouses/kids, etc. I think Liberty4Ever mentioned this yesterday. Anyway, I'm not real sure about starting a poll for dates, etc. So, if someone would like to do that, it's fine. Maybe just start a discussion on what people would like to do.

Fred

imported post

I was looking at the posting options. You have to add the poll when you start the thread. Not sure if you can edit a thread as the author and put the poll in. I'm up for a picnic just need to know well in advance to so I can plan accordingly.

Got the litter pickup on the 21st of June. My opininon is that wehave it in July possibly the 11th. I know liberty4life has the dates the park isn't reserved so the best thing is to go off of dates not taken.

8th ID

imported post

I really thought this thread would get more traffic:question:Anyway-anyone want to BBQ some time this summer?

8th ID

imported post

Well, I'll do a couple more posts on this topic to keep it near the top. And then I'm done. If no one is interested, that's fine. maybe I'll try again later in the year.

BigBubba

imported post

i'll do my best to be there as long as there is some notice so i can arrange my work schedule to be there, a picnic or BBQ sounds great to me ... also planning to do the Guns and Garbage thing on the 21st if i can get the time off work.. hopefully i'll see you guys at one or both of the events

P.S.Dates, end of anywhere from Mid June to Late July would work for me (just allowing for time toget out of work)...as for locations a Jacobson Park shelter as Liberty4Ever had suggested in another post seems like a good location to me, or are you looking for another resteraunt type of setting ?

Fred

imported post

If we can get a big enough group to commit we should try for the BBQ in the park. If not the restauraunt thing would be best. Meet at a different one every month testing the waters in different parts of lex. Just throwing some ideas out there.

8th ID

imported post

I hope we could do a picnic, etc. For those wanting to bring family/kids/friends, I believe something at a park would give us more options, etc. And location, well, I'm willing to travel, so it doesn't have to be in Lex. Let's all just throw out some ideas...

TheMrMitch

imported post

I'm hoping a contractor will take the trees I've offered and clean a little from the ice storm. Ruined my Utopia.

If he does his part, my land will be volunteered for a picnic. Got a nice pit, running water and a 140 yard shooting range. Pond and small wooded trails.:dude:

8th ID

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
I'm hoping a contractor will take the trees I've offered and clean a little from the ice storm. Ruined my Utopia.

If he does his part, my land will be volunteered for a picnic. Got a nice pit, running water and a 140 yard shooting range. Pond and small wooded trails.:dude:
NICE! I'm in:celebrate

Cottonbaler

imported post

The Louisville members of AR15.com have been holding OC dinners at Beef O'Brady's near Papa Johns Cardinal stadium for a couple of months now and next time we schedule one I'll post it here. The Northern KY ARFCOMers do the same thing near the Covington area.

A lot of us are using the OC picnic at New Bethel Church as our June event so I'll keep everyone advised of our July dinner.

BigBubba

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

sounds like a plan to me, just let us know when

langzaiguy

imported post

Mid to Late July works best for me. I'm up for any place really! Preferably with an hour of Lex.

Fred

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
Mid to Late July works best for me. I'm up for any place really! Preferably with an hour of Lex.
Same here as I'm already driving 3+ hours so distance won't be too much of a deal for me. Late july would work for me also. Got a buddy I know who just started open carrying I'm sure he would come up with me as well.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

sounds good to me too. How about July the 11th.:question:

Cyklopz

imported post

I'd like to make something like this. I try to keep an eye out and if the timing works maybe my wife and I can make it.

C

Fred

imported post

Hey 8th ID throw a date and time out lets see what kind of feedback the thread gets.

8th ID

imported post

Fred wrote:
Hey 8th ID throw a date and time out lets see what kind of feedback the thread gets.

I'm still waiting to see if TheMrMitch is going to come up with a location:celebrate

Seems like some time in late July would work:shock: