• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic-Possible Dates/Locations

Liberty4Ever

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
a picnic table cloth (checkered) with a plate of food and a drink in a plastic cupand a gun laying next to them.
Great idea! I think potato salad would be difficult to recognize in a black and white image, but a burger, corn on the cob, and a slice of watermelon should be very recognizable.

Place setting question: I know about the little fork and the big fork, but on which side of the plate does the pistol go?

Statesman

TheMrMitch

imported post

Liberty4Ever wrote:
Great idea! I think potato salad would be difficult to recognize in a black and white image, but a burger, corn on the cob, and a slice of watermelon should be very recognizable.

Place setting question: I know about the little fork and the big fork, but on which side of the plate does the pistol go?
Strong Side.:dude:

BigBubba

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Liberty4Ever wrote:

Strong Side.:dude:
my thoughts exactly

8th ID

imported post

I must say what really blows my mind is that there are many people who have viewed this thread and FEW who have committed to coming out to a picnic.:(:banghead:

Maybe the date is too far away or maybe because the date is not really set yet. Come on people, let's have an OC picnic!!

Liberty4Ever

imported post

If it's going to be August 29th, we'd better get on it. Jacobson Shelter 6 is still available (as of an hour ago), but they're going fast. All Jacobson, Shiito and Masterson Station shelters are already reserved for every Saturday in September.

8th ID

imported post

Well, I will do the 29th. But here's my opinion-I wouldn't want Liberty to shell out the shelter fee and then 5 people show for the picnic. So...I'm going to leave it to Liberty to make the call...

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'd like us to leave it open for discussion longer, but I'm a bit worried that we'd be October getting a Saturday in Jacobson. I guess a Sunday wouldn't kill us.

I'm leaving at o'dark 30 tomorrow morning for a long weekend shooting event in Kansas (not looking forward to 26 hours of driving). I can reserve shelter 6 at Jacobson for 29AUG09 today, or we can leave it until Monday for more people to comment and hope the shelter is still available. We've only been kicking this around for about three days and I know a lot of people haven't weighed in. I was very late coming to this thread when it was started because I was set up for notifications on the other threads but didn't check the forum for new threads.

Just let me know. If I don't hear anything, It'll default to Monday.

I'm looking forward to this! I'd like to make fliers today, but I won't have the opportunity until Monday, or probably Tuesday.

Statesman

imported post

8th ID wrote:
I must say what really blows my mind is that there are many people who have viewed this thread and FEW who have committed to coming out to a picnic.:(:banghead:

Maybe the date is too far away or maybe because the date is not really set yet. Come on people, let's have an OC picnic!!
Some/many views are from out of state. There are no restrictions as to location versus access, as far as I know.

Also, many people don't like to make a commitment to coming out, until a day or two before. Some people may just show up.

Like I mentioned to Liberty4Ever, build it (GunsAndGarbage) and they will come, if your cause is just. People need time to evaluate. We can try scheduling regular OC picnics, on a specific day, that way everyone can plan around it. I think constantly changing dates each time, keeps people guessing as to what they may have to do. Every month, or two, on the same day, and people may be able to better prepare for the event in advance.

It might be a good idea to schedule some interesting activities for adults and children that day in the park.

My two cents. Worth what ya paid for it.

BigBubba

imported post

Statesman wrote:
... snip... It might be a good idea to schedule some interesting activities for adults and children that day in the park.

My two cents. Worth what ya paid for it.
Activities, great idea.. Didnt even cross my mind .. Anybody got a couple of cornhole sets? If not, I been lookin for a reason to makesome anyway. Thats some fun for all ages.

8th ID

imported post

If kids are coming-how about squirt guns and water balloons? Though I'm not sure if all the shelters have a water source...

Anyone else want to chime in for 8/29??

spioi

imported post

how about an OC soccer game? we can have door prizes donated by anyone that comes. aug 29th is good for me. should give ppl a chance to plan for it. I can hop on the freeway and buzz on down.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

8/29 is good for me but how about a park that has recently been opened to fireams carry? Scott co. park . It's just a small jump from Lex. large new playgroun for the kids. What do yall think? :question:

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'd love to see a large crowd of people open carrying at the Scott County park. That's certainly a place where some education would be a good idea, for the public, as well as those who tried to use the power of government to alienate an unalienable right.

I think Jacobson Park needs to happen for Lexington, but I also think Scott County needs an open carry picnic too. I'd be up for both. After all, a picnic isn't a lot of hard work. Picnics are fun!

spioi

imported post

nah. that isn't me. found it on the web. you gotta have some brass ones to hit the road OCing an AK. whatever park is decided on, someone should scout for GB signs. I went to an OC picnic yesterday and the park had a GB sign posted on the BACK of the outhouse building. even though it wasn't legal anymore, it was still up.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

spioi wrote:
whatever park is decided on, someone should scout for GB signs.
Are you saying we should go where the illegal gun buster signs are displayed, or avoid those areas? :lol:

No gun buster signs at Jacobson Park in Lexington.

Kentucky has a preemption law that prevents local governments from regulating open carry except in very specific circumstances that do not include city parks.

Fred

imported post

Looks to me like they are only banning revolvers. The picture is very specific....lol.