• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

Racer X

imported post

I've just recently purchased my first handgun after years of beingin a gunknowledgable family and I'm waiting on my CCW to be approved. I was unaware of the OC laws until I started reading up on firearms related forums. I'm happy to have an option to carry while I'm waiting for the CCW paperwork. I feel much better now walking my dog late at night when I'm on mymeal break for my 3rd shift job. I'm still not entirely comfortable carrying in a business with lots of people, but I think it stems more from my personality of not drawing unneeded attention to myself over any certain fear of carrying openly. It's been great reading up oneveryone else's stories so far. I think going out with some other OC members might help me get a little more comfortable with it. Maybe I'll be able to make it to one of the OC dinners. I'm in the High Point/Greensboro area so I'll be looking for you guys when I'm out and about.

Kivuli

imported post

Welcome to open carry! I understand not wanting to draw attention to yourself, but I think you'll find that it gets easier with repetition. I've been open carrying in Greensboro for a while now and have yet to have a negative experience, but have had several positive ones.

ocgso

imported post

Kivuli wrote:
Welcome to open carry! I understand not wanting to draw attention to yourself, but I think you'll find that it gets easier with repetition. I've been open carrying in Greensboro for a while now and have yet to have a negative experience, but have had several positive ones.

Ditto

I have had many people ask me about OC in and around Greensboro and I enjoy striking up a conversation and letting them know about their rights. Many are confused and in disbelief when I tell them it is perfectly legal.

My wife was concerned at first, but just like her you will get over it. I would rather draw a little extra attention from the sheeple than be a victim:celebrate

Racer X

imported post

Thanks guys, I was running around town quite a bit today and carried the whole time. Went into the BP station at Wendover/Piedmont Pkwy and there were quite a few people inside and out. I bought a drink and paid for some gas. I don't think the clerk really noticed, but my strong side was easily visible from the front door so all the people coming in while I was waiting got a good look. It was an uneventful stop. I stopped in at Golden Wok to pick up a to-go order and pretty much the same thing there. Thanks again for the support and encouragement.

Kivuli

imported post

Yup, Golden Wok are good people and good food. I've open carried in there countless times and they have no problem with it at all.