Thread: Common Sense Meet Up?

Post imported post

I am visiting Phoenix from WA state June 1st and 2nd for business. Have a little free time Tuesday afternoon before going to the Dodge Theater to see Glenn Beck. Anyone up for a meet up before the show? I am staying downtown and transportation is limited so I would prefer someplace close to the theater.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Post imported post

Unfortunately I won't have time available prior to the show, but will still be there =)

Semi-related... Anyone else find it interesting that Glenn is adamantly PRO-2nd amendment, but that his show is being held at the Dodge Theater which has a complete ban on firearms (and would be illegal anyway due to the liquor license on site.)

Post imported post

Thanks for mentioning that, I was unsure about carry at this event as I am unfamiliar with the venue. This alcohol restriction sure makes it dificult to carry in this state.

Post imported post

I haven't actually confirmed this with the venue or Glenn Beck's people, but it is standard policy in AZ =(

The NRA got around that for their big show a couple weeks ago by getting the convention center to have their liquor license revoked for the duration of the event. Somehow I doubt Glenn Beck pulled off that level of uberness.