• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Common Sense Meet Up?

o2ryan

imported post

I am visiting Phoenix from WA state June 1st and 2nd for business. Have a little free time Tuesday afternoon before going to the Dodge Theater to see Glenn Beck. Anyone up for a meet up before the show? I am staying downtown and transportation is limited so I would prefer someplace close to the theater.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thoreau

imported post

Unfortunately I won't have time available prior to the show, but will still be there =)

Semi-related... Anyone else find it interesting that Glenn is adamantly PRO-2nd amendment, but that his show is being held at the Dodge Theater which has a complete ban on firearms (and would be illegal anyway due to the liquor license on site.)

o2ryan

imported post

Thanks for mentioning that, I was unsure about carry at this event as I am unfamiliar with the venue. This alcohol restriction sure makes it dificult to carry in this state.:banghead:

Thoreau

imported post

I haven't actually confirmed this with the venue or Glenn Beck's people, but it is standard policy in AZ =(

The NRA got around that for their big show a couple weeks ago by getting the convention center to have their liquor license revoked for the duration of the event. Somehow I doubt Glenn Beck pulled off that level of uberness.