Thread: Why you should NEVER point a gun at ANY part of your body!

Post imported post

There are two images at the bottom of the blog post linked here that may make you think twice about how you hold a shotgun, or ANY gun for that matter...

I would make sure the squeamish wife or young kids are out until you deem the images to be worth educating them with.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...-carelessness/

Post imported post

yummy. i actually just recently broke myself of the habit of pointing my gun near my toes when i shoot out doors, finger was always of the trigger,but still, bad habit,thanks for the reminder

Post imported post

Ditto...Thanks for the reminder my son and I like to shoot clays. I will be showing him this when I get home today. I picture speaks volumes.

Post imported post

Ouch.

Post imported post

you'd think that if they were going to have bad trigger/muzzle discipline they could at least wear steel toed boots

Post imported post

Whoa....guns are dangerous! :shock:

Actually, almost any object can be dangerous and lead to maiming or even death. I just heard that Liam Neeson's wife was killed by a fall on, of all things, snow.........

So, be careful with anything involving snow, too. Skiing, snow boarding, sledding and all other related activites dealing with snow...........

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Whoa....guns are dangerous! :shock:

Actually, almost any object can be dangerous and lead to maiming or even death. I just heard that Liam Neeson's wife was killed by a fall on, of all things, snow.........

So, be careful with anything involving snow, too. Skiing, snow boarding, sledding and all other related activites dealing with snow...........

And mushrooms!

So dangerous, let me tell you...

I been married 4 times, and the first three wives died, off all things, mushroom poisoning! The forth one died in a "car accident".....but only because she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!

:P

Disclaimer:
    This has been a joke, and only a joke. The scenario (joke) herein is fictitious and is not intended to resemble or reference in any way the events or experiences of any person(s) living or deceased. This has been only a joke.

Post imported post

Looks like he has a built in Pool Stick thing now for the reaching shots.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Now that's some serious athletes foot!!!

Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

?!? Anyone else thing there's something just not right about the wound in those pix (other than the big gaping hole in the fool's foot that is)?

It looks way too clean & unswollen for such extensive damage, and judging by the background he's not in a hospital. Looks like a cleaned wound on a corpse or something.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

It was most likely after visiting the doctor to have it cleaned up. My dad cut a chunk out of his thumb when he was using a table saw and they had to wait to stitch/recreate part of his thumb.

Post imported post

It doesn't look weird to me.
    I had a toe amputated two months ago and the wound area had a similar appearance to that shown as in the meat and bone was exposed with no bleeding. There was not enough uninfected skin (Staph infection) available to cover the area. The skin is growing back to cover the of the amputation.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Looks about right to me. It looks to be several days after the incident since there is no gunpowder residue on it and looks to be healing. When my father had open heart surgery they had to leave his wound open and let it heal from the inside due to infection. Probably the same on this.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    So dangerous, let me tell you...

I been married 4 times, and the first three wives died, off all things, mushroom poisoning! The forth one died in a "car accident".....but only because she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!
    Oh-my-gawd!

You are a heinous k-i-l-l-e-r!!!!

Hmmm, this once again PROVES that a person DOES NOT NEED AN EVIL GUN in order to murder people! Most people apparently use MUSHROOMS!

Ergo, we should have (and carry)as many guns as possible!

P.S. And the NRA is pathetic!

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Hmmm, this once again PROVES that a person DOES NOT NEED AN EVIL GUN in order to murder people! Most people apparently use MUSHROOMS!

Yes we need to carry more guns to protect ourself from MUSHROOMS

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    HankT wrote:

Exactly! Thank you.

I mean, just look at these things. Dangerous...malevolent...DEADLY!

If someone (like FMCDH) ever approaches you with one of these....YOU ARE REASONABLE TO FEAR SEVERE BODILY INJURY or even DEATH!

Remember,the Tueller drill APPLIES TO MUSHROOMS TOO!!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    What!?!

I'm not even trained up for zombies, yet! I have still have to do PolskiG's M4 swimming drills!

Now, I have to practice the Tueller drill for mushrooms!?!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Itis common for trap shooters using a break open shotgun (single or double barrel) to rest the open gun on their toe. While the gun is open it cannot go off. Pulling the trigger will do nothing because the gun is open and the shell is not in contact with the receiver or near the firing pin. If the shell were to accidental explode (go off) due to static electricity, lightening strike or some other unknown phenomenon better the toe than in the pocket.

The problem is when shooters try to emulate this with their automatic or pump shotguns. A shell in a pump gun resting on your toe is trouble waiting to happen. It's kind of like carrying a forty five semiautomatic pistol. Some you carry cocked and locked. Some you don't. The person carrying the gun should know the difference.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Exactly! Thank you.

(Picture of Mushrooms)

If someone (like FMCDH) ever approaches you with one of these....YOU ARE REASONABLE TO FEAR SEVERE BODILY INJURY or even DEATH!
    Hey! Only if your married to me!

...wait...did I say that out loud?

hehe :P

Disclaimer:
    (See above)

Post imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
    It doesn't look weird to me.
    I had a toe amputated two months ago and the wound area had a similar appearance to that shown as in the meat and bone was exposed with no bleeding. There was not enough uninfected skin (Staph infection) available to cover the area. The skin is growing back to cover the of the amputation.
    :whatude. Ouch.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Exactly! Thank you.

(Picture of Mushrooms)

Hey! Only if your married to me!

...wait...did I say that out loud?

You haven't, um, remarried, have you?

Post imported post

Are you kidding? In this economic climate, rich disposable sugar mommas are next to impossible to find...

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    Are you kidding? In this economic climate, rich disposable sugar mommas are next to impossible to find...
    (sigh)

O.....so true.

And another thing, more and more woman these days don't like mushrooms! Why is that?! :X

O well....guess I will have to brush up on my car "mechanics".

Disclaimer:
    O, you know!