• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you should NEVER point a gun at ANY part of your body!

PolskiG

imported post

yummy. i actually just recently broke myself of the habit of pointing my gun near my toes when i shoot out doors, finger was always of the trigger,but still, bad habit,thanks for the reminder

OC-Aviator

imported post

Ditto...Thanks for the reminder my son and I like to shoot clays. I will be showing him this when I get home today. I picture speaks volumes.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Whoa....guns are dangerous! :shock:

Actually, almost any object can be dangerous and lead to maiming or even death. I just heard that Liam Neeson's wife was killed by a fall on, of all things, snow.........

So, be careful with anything involving snow, too. Skiing, snow boarding, sledding and all other related activites dealing with snow...........

FMCDH

imported post

HankT wrote:
Whoa....guns are dangerous! :shock:

Actually, almost any object can be dangerous and lead to maiming or even death. I just heard that Liam Neeson's wife was killed by a fall on, of all things, snow.........

So, be careful with anything involving snow, too. Skiing, snow boarding, sledding and all other related activites dealing with snow...........
And mushrooms!

So dangerous, let me tell you...

I been married 4 times, and the first three wives died, off all things, mushroom poisoning! The forth one died in a "car accident".....but only because she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!

;):p

Disclaimer:
This has been a joke, and only a joke. The scenario (joke) herein is fictitious and is not intended to resemble or reference in any way the events or experiences of any person(s) living or deceased. This has been only a joke.

jbone

imported post

Looks like he has a built in Pool Stick thing now for the reaching shots.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Now that's some serious athletes foot!!!

739_machine_gun.gif

Metalhead47

imported post

?!? Anyone else thing there's something just not right about the wound in those pix (other than the big gaping hole in the fool's foot that is)?

It looks way too clean & unswollen for such extensive damage, and judging by the background he's not in a hospital. Looks like a cleaned wound on a corpse or something.

swatspyder

imported post

It was most likely after visiting the doctor to have it cleaned up. My dad cut a chunk out of his thumb when he was using a table saw and they had to wait to stitch/recreate part of his thumb.

jeeper1

imported post

It doesn't look weird to me.
I had a toe amputated two months ago and the wound area had a similar appearance to that shown as in the meat and bone was exposed with no bleeding. There was not enough uninfected skin (Staph infection) available to cover the area. The skin is growing back to cover the of the amputation.

PT111

imported post

Looks about right to me. It looks to be several days after the incident since there is no gunpowder residue on it and looks to be healing. When my father had open heart surgery they had to leave his wound open and let it heal from the inside due to infection. Probably the same on this.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
So dangerous, let me tell you...

I been married 4 times, and the first three wives died, off all things, mushroom poisoning! The forth one died in a "car accident".....but only because she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!

Oh-my-gawd!

You are a heinous k-i-l-l-e-r!!!!

Hmmm, this once again PROVES that a person DOES NOT NEED AN EVIL GUN in order to murder people! Most people apparently use MUSHROOMS!

Ergo, we should have (and carry)as many guns as possible! :D

P.S. And the NRA is pathetic!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Manu wrote:
HankT wrote:
Hmmm, this once again PROVES that a person DOES NOT NEED AN EVIL GUN in order to murder people! Most people apparently use MUSHROOMS!
Yes we need to carry more guns to protect ourself from MUSHROOMS:D

Exactly! Thank you.

I mean, just look at these things. Dangerous...malevolent...DEADLY!

1.jpg

If someone (like FMCDH) ever approaches you with one of these....YOU ARE REASONABLE TO FEAR SEVERE BODILY INJURY or even DEATH!

Remember,the Tueller drill APPLIES TO MUSHROOMS TOO!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Manu wrote:
Yes we need to carry more guns to protect ourself from MUSHROOMS:D
What!?!

I'm not even trained up for zombies, yet! I have still have to do PolskiG's M4 swimming drills!

Now, I have to practice the Tueller drill for mushrooms!?!

:cuss:

:D

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Itis common for trap shooters using a break open shotgun (single or double barrel) to rest the open gun on their toe. While the gun is open it cannot go off. Pulling the trigger will do nothing because the gun is open and the shell is not in contact with the receiver or near the firing pin. If the shell were to accidental explode (go off) due to static electricity, lightening strike or some other unknown phenomenon better the toe than in the pocket.

The problem is when shooters try to emulate this with their automatic or pump shotguns. A shell in a pump gun resting on your toe is trouble waiting to happen. It's kind of like carrying a forty five semiautomatic pistol. Some you carry cocked and locked. Some you don't. The person carrying the gun should know the difference.

FMCDH

imported post

HankT wrote:
Exactly! Thank you.

I mean, just look at these things. Dangerous...malevolent...DEADLY!

(Picture of Mushrooms)

If someone (like FMCDH) ever approaches you with one of these....YOU ARE REASONABLE TO FEAR SEVERE BODILY INJURY or even DEATH!
Hey! Only if your married to me!

...wait...did I say that out loud? :uhoh:

hehe :p

Disclaimer:
(See above)

Metalhead47

imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
It doesn't look weird to me.
I had a toe amputated two months ago and the wound area had a similar appearance to that shown as in the meat and bone was exposed with no bleeding. There was not enough uninfected skin (Staph infection) available to cover the area. The skin is growing back to cover the of the amputation.
:what:Dude. Ouch.