• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting: Conversation Between Cops :)

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had to stop reading on officer.com.

So many people there are so ignorant of the law, so adamantly ignorant of the constitution that it makes me sick.

Two words:

Continuing Education.

I'm writing my legislators about this tomorrow.

Veritas

imported post

Venator wrote:
You can buy body armor on line. Body armor is defiantly legal in Michigan except by felons. There are additional penalties/charges for using one during a crime.

I believe the statute that Zig posted is for a person that was convicted of a felony and now needs to have body armor for a job, etc. It doesn't have to do with non-felons buying armor.
Linkage? Every online retailer I've visited requires proof of LEO or military status before they'll accept your order.

Veritas

imported post

Nevermind... I think I found an online retailer that sells stuff to civilians. However, they have a list of "permissible uses" that they will sell for. I suppose it's not a stretch for the average person to fit themselves into this list somehow. But still... the idea of having to explain my purpose for buying body armor irks me.

autosurgeon

imported post

Veritas wrote:
Venator wrote:
You can buy body armor on line. Body armor is defiantly legal in Michigan except by felons. There are additional penalties/charges for using one during a crime.

I believe the statute that Zig posted is for a person that was convicted of a felony and now needs to have body armor for a job, etc. It doesn't have to do with non-felons buying armor.
Linkage? Every online retailer I've visited requires proof of LEO or military status before they'll accept your order.
See this place... they sell to law abiding civilians. http://www.bulletproofme.com/