• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th of July GT & Fireworks

Bullbuster

imported post

I have attended the fireworks show at Mt. Trashmore the last 3 years and OC'd as well with no issues. Seeing as in I'll be alone on the 4th of July and days away from my depart of VA for Oklahoma I figured I'd ask....

Who all would be interested in having a GT at one of the area fireworks shows? Could make for a good educational opportunity for the masses, a good family event, a good time, and a final OC event for me (not that that really matters).

What do y'all think/ say about it?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
I have attended the fireworks show at Mt. Trashmore the last 3 years and OC'd as well with no issues. Seeing as in I'll be alone on the 4th of July and days away from my depart of VA for Oklahoma I figured I'd ask....

Who all would be interested in having a GT at one of the area fireworks shows? Could make for a good educational opportunity for the masses, a good family event, a good time, and a final OC event for me (not that that really matters).

What do y'all think/ say about it?
Family events will keep me near Richmond but sounds like a great idea.

What better combination for a send off than celebrating the 4th of July - our country's birth date of independence than by OCing!

Good luck - enjoy - keep in touch from OK.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sounds like fun, but the 4th is Old Va's annual Board of Directors meeting/Picnic/Shoot.

Wooley

imported post

You guys can come to my fireworks show...ask VRWMiller about it...from 2007.

I spent 2008 about 100 feet from the guy lighting off a 1.5 million dollar display during a PSS detail...

Bullbuster

imported post

Wooley wrote:

I spent 2008 about 100 feet from the guy lighting off a 1.5 million dollar display during a PSS detail...
How far from the Norfolk/ Va Beach area are you?

Wooley

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Wooley wrote:

How far from the Norfolk/ Va Beach area are you?
I'm in Nova...the 2008 show I mentioned was in Vienna.

paramedic70002

imported post

While I love the idea of attending Harborfest on July 4 and OCing, we will probably go to the quaint little home town show in Sedley, VA. Think Mayberry. Great fireworks for a blip on the map town, and every spot is a good one.