Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be voting while Open Carrying on 9 June?

Post imported post

Reposted here.

I know, I know it is only the democrat primary, but Virginia is an open primary state, so anybody who is registered can vote.

A link from the original posting:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/26396.html

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I would, but it's probably not a good idea to OC in an elementary school.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    I would, but it's probably not a good idea to OC in an elementary school.
    or a middle school, or any school apparently

Post imported post

I won't be. Polling spot is a church with a school.

This means I will probably have to leave 'em all at home, vote, then go back to the house to re-arm. Crock-a-shite.

OT, what is the best way to be a dem spoiler?
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    OT, what is the best way to be a dem spoiler?
    Wear a flap holster with only a voice recorder inside.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Not me, my voting place is a "do-whatever you want to the kids because we can't resist zone" as well. However, since the law allows for my firearm to be locked up in the car, there it will stay.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

My polling place is a school.

So, the question. Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for a political party to hold an event at a public institution? Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for primaries at all? After all, they ARE functions of the parties, not of the people.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

What the heck, I will. My voting place is the Cameron Station Community Center,a privately funded clubhouse/gym complex. Did Mike say vote for Moran?

I'll think about it. I believe in the secret ballot you know.

Now just need to decide if I should get it over with bright and early, or after work. Maybe after work so more people can witness my act of patriotism. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Tess asks a good question. There must be a law some where permitting this waste of the taxpayers' money, but I am not motivated to look it up. I'll try to remember to ask the polling place's chiefelection official!

Post imported post

Just to confirm, if I am a registered Republican I can vote in the Dem primary? Has this changed? I thought you had to be a registered Dem to vote in the Dem primary.

Let me know before I waste a trip.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Post imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
    Just to confirm, if I am a registered Republican I can vote in the Dem primary? Has this changed? I thought you had to be a registered Dem to vote in the Dem primary.

There is no party registration in VA (there is also no gun registration either ).

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both).

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:

There is no party registration in VA (there is also no gun registration either ).

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both). Unless you are a Dem, in which case double-voting is seen as a tradition.
    There, I fixed it for you! :P

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both).
    And of course, since there was a Republican Convention last weekend, there's no Republican primary.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Polling place is an elementary school, so no OC or CC...but will definitely be going out and placing my vote! Checked up on Moran, will prob vote for him(against McAuliffe). Anyone know who is better for Lt Gov(given the democratic choices, of course)? Michael Singer or Jody Wagner...they both seem like morons to me...

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
    Polling place is an elementary school, so no OC or CC...but will definitely be going out and placing my vote! Checked up on Moran, will prob vote for him(against McAuliffe). Anyone know who is better for Lt Gov(given the democratic choices, of course)? Michael Singer or Jody Wagner...they both seem like morons to me...
    Haven't fully decided, but I'll probably vote Singer, simply because Wagner is an insider.

But then, there's time before Tuesday to change my mind. Several times <grin>.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Who was it that Mike was suggesting we should vote for? Moran?

Post imported post

Well then ,not sure if I should vote for Deeds as the least odious or Moran as the best of the worst. Aggh. Decisions, decisions.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Post imported post

SInce I have just moved to Newport News, we will see how the Pandora Lodge #2, my new voting location responds to open carry.

Post imported post

Here is an orange "Guns Save Lives" badge that you can print out and wear if you want while voting. No law against that, even in a victim disarmament zone.

Post imported post

Sorry the orange badge will not copy , paste or drag and drop to the web site.

Post imported post

My polling place is the town municipal building with no court rooms. I OCed last year.

Post imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
    Both trigger my gag reflex, so I am writing in Philip VanCleave:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Hey, What this effort needs is a good name. I recommend

Operation Target Terry

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    My polling place is a school.

So, the question. Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for a political party to hold an event at a public institution? Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for primaries at all? After all, they ARE functions of the parties, not of the people.
    While voting this morning I asked if the taxpayer was paying for this election. The election official said the Democratic Party was paying for it. He said, "No free lunch." He said the same thing applies for Republican primaries.

It was fun. On my way out, a guy broke into a big grin when he saw my GSL button and XD-SC. I think the rain got him down this morning, but the bright orange button brightened his day.

No one said a thing about my carry mode, just wanted my name and address and ID and I was given a little ticket so I could use the electronicvoting machine.

:celebrate

Post imported post

OC'd my Sig 229 in a nice leather holster while voting. Nothing was said of my very obvious handgun. :celebrate

Nice poll workers, looked really bored. Only 149 voters ar of about 17:30 when I got to the polls.

Post imported post

I wore my Guns Save Lives sticker that I got at Glenn Beck's Richmond show on Saturday night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast