• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will be voting while Open Carrying on 9 June?

riverrat10k

imported post

I won't be. Polling spot is a church with a school.

This means I will probably have to leave 'em all at home, vote, then go back to the house to re-arm. Crock-a-shite.

OT, what is the best way to be a dem spoiler?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not me, my voting place is a "do-whatever you want to the kids because we can't resist zone" as well. However, since the law allows for my firearm to be locked up in the car, there it will stay.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My polling place is a school.

So, the question. Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for a political party to hold an event at a public institution? Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for primaries at all? After all, they ARE functions of the parties, not of the people.

XD Owner

imported post

What the heck, I will. My voting place is the Cameron Station Community Center,a privately funded clubhouse/gym complex. Did Mike say vote for Moran?

I'll think about it. I believe in the secret ballot you know.

Now just need to decide if I should get it over with bright and early, or after work. Maybe after work so more people can witness my act of patriotism. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Tess asks a good question. There must be a law some where permitting this waste of the taxpayers' money, but I am not motivated to look it up. I'll try to remember to ask the polling place's chiefelection official! :dude:

paramedic70002

imported post

Just to confirm, if I am a registered Republican I can vote in the Dem primary? Has this changed? I thought you had to be a registered Dem to vote in the Dem primary.

Let me know before I waste a trip.

fairfax1

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Just to confirm, if I am a registered Republican I can vote in the Dem primary? Has this changed? I thought you had to be a registered Dem to vote in the Dem primary.

There is no party registration in VA (there is also no gun registration either :D).

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both).

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

There is no party registration in VA (there is also no gun registration either :D).

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both). Unless you are a Dem, in which case double-voting is seen as a tradition.
There, I fixed it for you! :p

TexasNative

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

You can always vote in either the Rep or Dem primary (but you can only vote in one, not both).
And of course, since there was a Republican Convention last weekend, there's no Republican primary.

~ Boyd

Fetts Lady

imported post

Polling place is an elementary school, so no OC or CC...but will definitely be going out and placing my vote! Checked up on Moran, will prob vote for him(against McAuliffe). Anyone know who is better for Lt Gov(given the democratic choices, of course)? Michael Singer or Jody Wagner...they both seem like morons to me...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
Polling place is an elementary school, so no OC or CC...but will definitely be going out and placing my vote! Checked up on Moran, will prob vote for him(against McAuliffe). Anyone know who is better for Lt Gov(given the democratic choices, of course)? Michael Singer or Jody Wagner...they both seem like morons to me...
Haven't fully decided, but I'll probably vote Singer, simply because Wagner is an insider.

But then, there's time before Tuesday to change my mind. Several times <grin>.

Thundar

imported post

Here is an orange "Guns Save Lives" badge that you can print out and wear if you want while voting. No law against that, even in a victim disarmament zone.