• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will be voting while Open Carrying on 9 June?

Thundar

imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
Polling place is an elementary school, so no OC or CC...but will definitely be going out and placing my vote! Checked up on Moran, will prob vote for him(against McAuliffe). Anyone know who is better for Lt Gov(given the democratic choices, of course)? Michael Singer or Jody Wagner...they both seem like morons to me...
Both trigger my gag reflex, so I am writing in Philip VanCleave:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

XD Owner

imported post

Tess wrote:
My polling place is a school.

So, the question. Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for a political party to hold an event at a public institution? Why are we, the taxpayers, paying for primaries at all? After all, they ARE functions of the parties, not of the people.

While voting this morning I asked if the taxpayer was paying for this election. The election official said the Democratic Party was paying for it. He said, "No free lunch." He said the same thing applies for Republican primaries.

It was fun. On my way out, a guy broke into a big grin when he saw my GSL button and XD-SC. I think the rain got him down this morning, but the bright orange button brightened his day.

No one said a thing about my carry mode, just wanted my name and address and ID and I was given a little ticket so I could use the electronicvoting machine.

:celebrate

Thundar

imported post

OC'd my Sig 229 in a nice leather holster while voting. Nothing was said of my very obvious handgun. :celebrate

Nice poll workers, looked really bored. Only 149 voters ar of about 17:30 when I got to the polls.

Neplusultra

imported post

I voted for Moran, just got back in front of the computer and see Deeds won. Good. I hope we lifted Moran's boat some or at least Deeds got a message. Here's photo of me at the polling place, taken by a bored volunteer who asked me about the shirt and why/who I was voting for.... I'm OCing my Taurus Millennium Pro 45.

Neplusultra

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Where ever did you get that fine looking t shirt?
Somebody wanted to know where somebody else got a t-shirt like this so they posted the website and I copied their design but didn't like the orange color so I got black with yellow lettering. You wouldn't be that person would you? I changed the formating and kerning a little along with letter size. It's a good thing I'm fat other wise those read-them-at-100-feet letters wouldn't fit.

paramedic70002

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
Somebody wanted to know where somebody else got a t-shirt like this so they posted the website and I copied their design but didn't like the orange color so I got black with yellow lettering. You wouldn't be that person would you? I changed the formating and kerning a little along with letter size. It's a good thing I'm fat other wise those read-them-at-100-feet letters wouldn't fit.
Wasn't me but it would be nice to see something like that in the OC store.

Neplusultra

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
Wasn't me but it would be nice to see something like that in the OC store.
When I got it I thought the lettering might be a little too big and in your face. Dunno.

Jason Rogers

imported post

I would like nothing better than to exercise the right to bear arms while casting my ballot. Unfortunatly, my polling place in lorton is South County High.

Neplusultra

imported post

Jason Rogers wrote:
I would like nothing better than to exercise the right to bear arms while casting my ballot. Unfortunatly, my poling place in lorton is South County High.
You know, when the school is open or occupied with kids you could make a half assed argument for prohibition. But when the school is closed, the rationale is what??? It is a restriction of personal liberty for no discernible or defensible reason, and therefore a violation of the principles of freedom. Just my opinion.