• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC not allowed at Red Robin?

usaf0906

imported post

I have OC'd about 3 or 4 times in the past with nothing said to me, but today my wife and I went there for a late lunch and the Manager said that it was Red Robin policy that only LEO's are allowed to be armed. He asked me if there was any wayI could put it in my car. I replied "thats ok, we will go somewhere else."

Has anyone had this happen?I have the managers name andI am planning on contacting corperate to find out if this is indeed their policy or just the managers.

denwego

imported post

It's anything of the sort! When I lived in Boulder, CO, my wife, countless friends, and I would OC in the Red Robin there at least once a week. We once had a full dozen of us carrying after a day of shooting in Lefthand Canyon, and the service was great.

More recently, the wife and I have been OCing at the RR on Nimmo Parkway here in Virginia Beach... again, nothing but good service. I don't know what peyote the manager in Hampton's been smoking, but it sure isn't the corporate kind.

occva

imported post

I have been oc'ing at Red Robin in Roanoke about once a month for the past year. Have never had anything said to me. I know it was noticed on two visits by the server.

Too bad if they put a stop to it, I enjoy there burgers.

rebfan

imported post

I've not had a problem at the one located off of Nokesville Road.

bohdi

imported post

Never had an issue at Red Robin in Chantilly. In fact I had a picture taken of me in one about a year ago or so that I posted on here.

Riana

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Wasn't there an OC dinner at the Red Robin in Chantilly?
I don't know about a dinner, but there was a lunch there once (only two of us showed up, and I KNOW the staff knew we were carrying, since that's how they got us together at the same table).

usaf0906

imported post

Pagan wrote:
I have OC'd to the one at Patrick Henry mall numerous times, never a problem.

I was at the one at patrick henry mall (sorry i didnt include that in the OP). I used the Red Robin website and asked them what theirpolicy was last night. Once I get a reply i will be sure to post it on here.

from everyones comments it would seem this manager had his own agenda, or possibly another employee didnt like it.

Don Barnett

imported post

I've OCed at the Red Robin next to Potomac Mills Mall numerous times with no problem.

jegoodin

imported post

I've open carried at the Red Robin in Manassas near the airport a couple of times. It is right down the street from Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Perhaps Longwatch has been there too? We should do an open carry lunch there sometime. It isn't too far from where we did the last OC lunch in that area; Foster's Grille.

ufcfanvt

imported post

jegoodin wrote:
I've open carried at the Red Robin in Manassas near the airport a couple of times.  It is right down the street from Guns and Ammo Warehouse.  Perhaps Longwatch has been there too?  We should do an open carry lunch there sometime.  It isn't too far from where we did the last OC lunch in that area; Foster's Grille.
I'll go.