• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC not allowed at Red Robin?

usaf0906

imported post

still waiting on a reply from Red Robin about their policy. Wish they would hurry up with a reply.

usaf0906

imported post

I called Corporate on Monday (june 8th) and the lady i talked to said she would contact the regional manager to confirm the policy and then one of them would call me back. this was around 2pm so i am think they will call sometime today.. i hope.

usaf0906

imported post

WellI got a phone call this afternoon from the regional mangager of Red Robin. He stated that Red Robin has a company policy of no firearms unless you are LEO. He went on further to state that most managers wont enforce this unless another customer complains. WhenI told him that it wasnt a customer that complained about me, but that it was an employee, he didnt really have an answer.

The funny part came when he suggestedI just CC. I replied that since they serve alcohol it would be illegal to do that, he didnt have a response to that either. I guess they just what the perception of no firearms, make the sheeple feel safe.

TFred

imported post

cbackous wrote:
WellI got a phone call this afternoon from the regional mangager of Red Robin. He stated that Red Robin has a company policy of no firearms unless you are LEO. He went on further to state that most managers wont enforce this unless another customer complains. WhenI told him that it wasnt a customer that complained about me, but that it was an employee, he didnt really have an answer.

The funny part came when he suggestedI just CC. I replied that since they serve alcohol it would be illegal to do that, he didnt have a response to that either. I guess they just what the perception of no firearms, make the sheeple feel safe.
Did you inform him that they would be listed on public web pages as "gun unfriendly", and many people will avoid their restaurant altogether?

TFred

essayons

imported post

cbackous wrote:

Make sure you post this to the Friend or Foe tool.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cbackous wrote:

That's quite unfortunate for Red Robin. I had open carried there many many times with no issues.

They've now permanently lost a rather loyal customer just for having that policy. Such a shame they'll never see another one of my hard earned dollars. In this ecomony they'll be the ones doing the crying.

:lol:

Crash7795

imported post

cbackous wrote:
WellI got a phone call this afternoon from the regional mangager of Red Robin. He stated that Red Robin has a company policy of no firearms unless you are LEO.
Have you considered going beyond the regional manager and getting the answer straight from corporate? You're already in a non-winner as it stands now, so what do you have to lose? You know, on the off-chance that he's making up his own rules (because we've never seen managers do that before).

ETA: Found the corporate public relations email address,relations@redrobin.com. Also found several of their executives on LinkedIn, but I don't have an account, so I couldn't see their contact info.

Corporate address is:

6312 S Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111
Phone: 303-846-6000
Fax: 303-846-6094

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've never had a problem in Red Robin.

You said it was one at a mall, it might be the mall has been bothering the manager since most malls try to ban firearms. Usually the business with an exterior entrance don't have to follow the firearm rules of the mall, but the mall's still try to be bossy.

I'd go to corporate. It wouldn't hurt to include a note that your "gun club/group" has had several outings at Red Robin with no trouble until this encounter. "Is Red Robin saying they no longer want our business?"

Some thoughts...

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
cbackous wrote:

That's quite unfortunate for Red Robin. I had open carried there many many times with no issues.

They've now permanently lost a rather loyal customer just for having that policy. Such a shame they'll never see another one of my hard earned dollars. In this ecomony they'll be the ones doing the crying.

:lol:
Make sure they know why they lost your business, otherwise they may blame it on the bad economy.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
I've never had a problem in Red Robin.

You said it was one at a mall, it might be the mall has been bothering the manager since most malls try to ban firearms. Usually the business with an exterior entrance don't have to follow the firearm rules of the mall, but the mall's still try to be bossy.

I'd go to corporate. It wouldn't hurt to include a note that your "gun club/group" has had several outings at Red Robin with no trouble until this encounter. "Is Red Robin saying they no longer want our business?"

Some thoughts...
"Oh no, of course not, we just want you to keep your nasty wasty guns in your cars because they are DANGEWOUS!" :celebrate

jegoodin

imported post

I ate at the Red Robin in Manassas on Rt 28 near the airport and "Guns and Ammo" yesterday, while OC'ing a Glock 27 in a Fobus paddle.

The woman in the booth next to us noticed and did a double take, but said nothing.

None of the staff said or did anything. We got very good service and the burger was excellent.

This was at least the third time I've eaten at this particular RR while OC'ing with the same result.

FreeRoy

imported post

Oh, durn!
I just took my wife, my daughters-in-law, the big brother and the Birthday Girl to
Red Robin on Brook Road (US 1 north) at Virginia Center Commons outside of
Richmond.
Had never been there, and didn't realize that they served alcohol. Didn't even
NOTICE it until we were leaving . . . and I had my clunky-but-reliable .38 in my
official Million Mom March fannypack!
Will have to contact the manager. We dropped $80, plus $20 tip, on some very
fine burgers and fries today. If they do indeed have a no-gun policy, it will be the
last dollar they get from me.
After all, we DO have Fuddrucker's, and they are gun-friendly! See you on West
Broad on Tuesday evening!

streetdoc

imported post

I just sent this e-mail to there Corporate Headquarters at this e-mail address: relations@redrobin.com

I am sorry to see that the Corporate policy regarding firearms is that they are not allowed, I did enjoy eating in the Red Robin restaurants in Virginia. You may or may not know that the state law in Virginia is that if you are carrying a firearm in a restaurant that serves alcohol for on site consumption firearms must be openly carried. That is how I have carried my firearm in your restaurants here without any incidents. Now that I know you policy I will take my business to other restaurants that allow me to carry my firearm in compliance with our state law. I do wish that your policy would be to follow the laws of the state where the restaurant was actually located.

Former Patron,

David

marine2000

imported post

Isay you go back there again OC of course and watch the reaction on the staff.

And demand the management with actual written corporate policy regarding issues on "Firearms and Regulations" which has to be signed by the relevant authority involved. Failure to do so... you can report this to Better Business Bureau and inform them you are doing so.

Remember just as them having every right to move youout of their property it is just as much right you have to ask them for documentation backing such claims in reference to policy. Failure to do so is a violation.

You imagine the rest

2a4all

imported post

marine2000 wrote:
Isay you go back there again OC of course and watch the reaction on the staff.

And demand the management with actual written corporate policy regarding issues on "Firearms and Regulations" which has to be signed by the relevant authority involved. Failure to do so... you can report this to Better Business Bureau and inform them you are doing so.

Remember just as them having every right to move youout of their property it is just as much right you have to ask them for documentation backing such claims in reference to policy. Failure to do so is a violation.

You imagine the rest
A violation of what?

When the person in charge or their designee (owner, manager, security person) says "Leave", you have to go. (S)he doesn't have to say anything else, nor are they required to show you anything (written corporate policy, etc). If you don't leave, they can have you arrested for trespassing (as an unruly patron).

If you are/were unhappy with the service you received, complain to the BBB. But the BBB will support the business's right to refuse service to unruly patrons.

This has been pointed out many times in this forum.