• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC not allowed at Red Robin?

marine2000

imported post

Then i am sad to say friend.. You are are entirely amateur.

Corporate world has corporate policy ....But then corporate worldruns on Federal Grounds.

Federal grounds meaning access to Supreme court.

Meaning trial by justice.

meaning evidential grounds on to which a party may demand trialor deny allegation

TexasNative

imported post

Could you point out where the US Constitution, either directly or indirectly, addresses restaurants?

~ Boyd

cb5300

imported post

2a4all wrote:
marine2000 wrote:
Isay you go back there again OC of course and watch the reaction on the staff.

And demand the management with actual written corporate policy regarding issues on "Firearms and Regulations" which has to be signed by the relevant authority involved. Failure to do so... you can report this to Better Business Bureau and inform them you are doing so.

Remember just as them having every right to move youout of their property it is just as much right you have to ask them for documentation backing such claims in reference to policy. Failure to do so is a violation.

You imagine the rest
A violation of what?

When the person in charge or their designee (owner, manager, security person) says "Leave", you have to go. (S)he doesn't have to say anything else, nor are they required to show you anything (written corporate policy, etc). If you don't leave, they can have you arrested for trespassing (as an unruly patron).

If you are/were unhappy with the service you received, complain to the BBB. But the BBB will support the business's right to refuse service to unruly patrons.

This has been pointed out many times in this forum.
I suggest that YOU take your own advise and do it and then let the rest of us know how it turns out. 2a4all is correct. If the owner (or their designee) says leave, you best be making tracks. No need to confront him (her) cause YOU will lose.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

marine2000 wrote:
demand the management with actual written corporate policy regarding issues on "Firearms and Regulations" which has to be signed by the relevant authority involved. Failure to do so... you can report this to Better Business Bureau and inform them you are doing so.
I completely disagree with this plan of action.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

RoyB wrote:
Oh, durn!
I just took my wife, my daughters-in-law, the big brother and the Birthday Girl to
Red Robin on Brook Road (US 1 north) at Virginia Center Commons outside of
Richmond.
Had never been there, and didn't realize that they served alcohol.Didn't even NOTICE it until we were leaving . . . and I had my clunky-but-reliable .38 in my official Million Mom March fannypack!
Will have to contact the manager. We dropped $80, plus $20 tip, on some very
fine burgers and fries today. If they do indeed have a no-gun policy, it will be the
last dollar they get from me.
After all, we DO have Fuddrucker's, and they are gun-friendly! See you on West
Broad on Tuesday evening!

Are you Actually posting publicly that you broke the law and CC'd in RR?

Wow...

TexasNative

imported post

Even if a Commonwealth Attorney were able to conclusively prove the identity of the poster, I'm pretty sure that they'd need a touch more evidence beyond his public statement in order to convict.

~ Boyd

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Also, this illustrates the absurdity of the OC required law. You can be breaking the law simply because you don't know the place serves alcohol. Those types of laws only trap otherwise law abiding folks. What was his crime? Not paying attention to the fact that alcohol is served.

Since I don't drink, I don't keep track of which places do and don't serve alcohol. To be safe, I just OC in case they serve any.

Riana

imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Since I don't drink, I don't keep track of which places do and don't serve alcohol. To be safe, I just OC in case they serve any.
I, too, OC in all eating establishments.I never look to see if an establishment serves alcohol- I prefer to drink in the comfort of my own home (it's cheaper, and it's safer navigating stairs than trying to drive after drinking).

usaf0906

imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Also, this illustrates the absurdity of the OC required law. You can be breaking the law simply because you don't know the place serves alcohol. Those types of laws only trap otherwise law abiding folks. What was his crime? Not paying attention to the fact that alcohol is served.

I dont see it as "absurd". The law says "resturants and clubs" as defined by the code (sorry, dont have the actual site handy). Granted there are some resturants that dont serve alcohol, butI would say thats few.

So yes, to be safe, always OC :lol:

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cbackous wrote:
I dont see it as "absurd". The law says "resturants and clubs" as defined by the code (sorry, dont have the actual site handy). Granted there are some resturants that dont serve alcohol, butI would say thats few.

So yes, to be safe, always OC :lol:

I say it is absurd because it's legal to drink while OCing, so what's the point in having this law? If you conceal you might get away with drinking and them not knowing, but you can have a beer if you want* while OCing and be within the law.

I just disagree with most malum prohibitum laws as they create a wrong only because some statute says so.

* - I do not condone drinking while armed out in public.