• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone in northeastern co?

manveru

imported post

I'm new here and about to start oc and was wondering if anyone has any pointers of places or areas to avoid. thanks

manveru

imported post

i was already planning on that, since i live about an hour and a half away. so other than that schools etc. looks like i'm in the clear. thanks

albritton77

imported post

Well.... yes and no.

Although Denver is (currently) the only city who bans open-carry CITY WIDE, local municipalities can enact really strange "no open carry" laws on the books.
(In order for those laws to be enforceable, signs that specifically prohibit open carry MUST be posted on ALL entrances of that area/building/establishment/whatever.)

***Just ask Pueblo, Breckenridge, parts of Colorado Springs, and Vail.***

Private businesses are treated with the same legalities as private residences. If a local business owner doesn't want a gun in his/her place of business, that is his/her legal right.

As much as we all enjoy our legal right to open carry, we must also ensure that we are NOT breaking the law. We draw a LOT of attention to ourselves when we open carry, and goodness knows that we don't want one of our own going to jail over a misunderstanding of local laws.

A good place for more information on the legalities of open and concealed carry is http://rmgo.org

Take care, be safe, and happy OCing!