Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend (June 5th-7th, 2009)

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Enough people going to Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend to figure on a get-together?

They're looking for volunteers, too ....
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I wanted to go on Sunday to see Phil Vassar, but I have to work.

Post imported post

Oh, that's this weekend? Hmm...have to look into it. The Fixx playing on Staurday? Really? And Blues Traveler...This sounds kind of cool. I can relive my 80s high school days and my 90s college days all in one.

The Fixx? Those guys actuallt got back together? Seriously?

Post imported post

I just spent last weekend working a booth at the Herndon Festival. Next weekend is the Cub Scout camping trip (maybe I'll get in some fishing). Next weekend we have a birthday party and a recital. After that... I'll have to check the schedule. Weekends are booking up fast this summer.

Someday I'll get to see the Celebrate Fairfax thing. Just not this year.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Enough people going to Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend to figure on a get-together?

Isn't this Saturday also the VCDL picnic in Newport News?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

FiringBack wrote:
    Tess wrote:

Yep.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Medieval event in MD on Sat, Dale City gun show Sun. I need more hours in a weekend. Or one more of me.

Post imported post

FiringBack wrote:
    Tess wrote:

Yep. Spouse has class that day, though, and it's a long drive for me and Bubba, so I'm going to probably make it an every-other-year attend.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Ya know, I went last year and one of my missions was to find the MMM booth. I never saw them, and THAT was a disappointment.

This year my attendance will depend on the weather. It was hot hot HOT last year. I'll call ya if I go Tess.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Ya know, I went last year and one of my missions was to find the MMM booth. I never saw them, and THAT was a disappointment.

This year my attendance will depend on the weather. It was hot hot HOT last year. I'll call ya if I go Tess.
    IIRC, your main mission last year was to see Joan Jett and the Black Hearts.

Post imported post

interestingly, my band is opening for Blues Traveler.. I haven't made a decision on carrying, it's exceedingly difficult when setting up a gig..

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Yes, that was the MAIN mission. The secondary mission (for extra points) was to find the MMM folks. You were with me, dontcha remember looking around for them inside the tent (where they were supposed to be)?

Funding (or morale) must be down, they are not on the list this year.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Yes, that was the MAIN mission. The secondary mission (for extra points) was to find the MMM folks. You were with me, dontcha remember looking around for them inside the tent (where they were supposed to be)?

Funding (or morale) must be down, they are not on the list this year.

The year before I stood by them and watched them lie to some woman who looked like she was from India. I find it disgusting that they would attempt to talk an immigrant out of her rights. IIRC Tess said she stood there and gave them a hard time for a while, maybe that's what they're afraid of.

Post imported post

If I were in their shoes, I'd be afraid of that.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Don't know what you are talkin' about. She's a pussycat.

Then again, I didn't cross her!

Post imported post

I'm going Saturday, taking the free Vienna metro shuttle to the fair at 4:30. Parking is free at the Metro on weekends as well. If anyone wants to join me you're more than welcome, just send me a PM.

http://www.celebratefairfax.com/Cele...na%20Metro.pdf

I know this is an OC site, but I will be CC for this affair.

Post imported post

I will be CC as well, but I can switch to OC if the occasion calls for it...options are nice.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I will be CC as well, but I can switch to OC if the occasion calls for it...options are nice.
    BullsEye Broookie and I plan on being there tomorrow.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Turns out I may not be going after all. Would have to CC if I did. Burned the heck out of my shootin hand, and don't have a LH holster for my carry guns.

Went two years ago for Charlie Daniels band, but never heard of today's bands. I guess it'll really depend on how we feel later today or tomorrow.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Turns out I may not be going after all. Would have to CC if I did. Burned the heck out of my shootin hand, and don't have a LH holster for my carry guns.

Went two years ago for Charlie Daniels band, but never heard of today's bands. I guess it'll really depend on how we feel later today or tomorrow.
    Tess I hope the burns aren't too bad and recovery is quick.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

LEO's were out in full force today. Brookie and I came upon a "circle of comotion" that we stoped at in case I needed to pull out the video camera. There were about 4 FxCo uniformed LEO's and an undercover that pulled his badge out and notified the "guy" that HE was LEO. Aft first I thought the guy might have been an OCer cuz I heardm "Why do you have that on display?". That's what caught my ear. The guy had some pretty "dark" tatoo's with the word HATE in bold letters and some foreign (to me) symbols and writings. The undercover LEO asked the guy for his ID and the guy handed it over and then said.. "I gave you my ID to show you I mean no harm sir even though I know I am not REQUIRED to do so". The LEO was just questioning his HATE tatoo.. (and No.. I did not shout out to the LEO's at that time that I had a gun! lol). Brookie and I just turned and walked away.. shows over.. but in case it was a fellow OCer, we would have been there to assist.

I am glad I CC'ed today.. I did OC a few years ago but I did not walk around as much as I did today.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Nice day, good weather. Saw Tomahawk and Agent19 there. Took some vids, one of The Fixx and several of a local band called Junkfood. (links to come in the future.)

Post imported post

The musical performances were good this year, but seems to me that some stuff was missing. The Taj Mahal had the wings closed off and there was no cheesy laser show in the main auditorium. The FFx Co Water Authority booth didn't have any of that neat display showing how water gets treated. And where were the fire trucks?

At least I got a foam human heart I can gross out people at work with.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    At least I got a foam human heart I can gross out people at work with.
    So now no one can say you are heartless any longer.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Video: The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
    http://vimeo.com/5039619

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast