• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend (June 5th-7th, 2009)

Tomahawk

imported post

Oh, that's this weekend? Hmm...have to look into it. The Fixx playing on Staurday? Really? And Blues Traveler...This sounds kind of cool. I can relive my 80s high school days and my 90s college days all in one.

The Fixx? Those guys actuallt got back together? Seriously?

Riana

imported post

I just spent last weekend working a booth at the Herndon Festival. Next weekend is the Cub Scout camping trip (maybe I'll get in some fishing). Next weekend we have a birthday party and a recital. After that... I'll have to check the schedule. Weekends are booking up fast this summer.

Someday I'll get to see the Celebrate Fairfax thing. Just not this year.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FiringBack wrote:
Tess wrote:
Enough people going to Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend to figure on a get-together?

They're looking for volunteers, too ....
Isn't this Saturday also the VCDL picnic in Newport News?
Yep. Spouse has class that day, though, and it's a long drive for me and Bubba, so I'm going to probably make it an every-other-year attend.

IanB

imported post

Ya know, I went last year and one of my missions was to find the MMM booth. I never saw them, and THAT was a disappointment.

This year my attendance will depend on the weather. It was hot hot HOT last year. I'll call ya if I go Tess.

Tomahawk

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Ya know, I went last year and one of my missions was to find the MMM booth. I never saw them, and THAT was a disappointment.

This year my attendance will depend on the weather. It was hot hot HOT last year. I'll call ya if I go Tess.
IIRC, your main mission last year was to see Joan Jett and the Black Hearts.

bdodds

imported post

interestingly, my band is opening for Blues Traveler.. I haven't made a decision on carrying, it's exceedingly difficult when setting up a gig..

IanB

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Yes, that was the MAIN mission. The secondary mission (for extra points) was to find the MMM folks. You were with me, dontcha remember looking around for them inside the tent (where they were supposed to be)?

Funding (or morale) must be down, they are not on the list this year.

Tomahawk

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Yes, that was the MAIN mission. The secondary mission (for extra points) was to find the MMM folks. You were with me, dontcha remember looking around for them inside the tent (where they were supposed to be)?

Funding (or morale) must be down, they are not on the list this year.
The year before I stood by them and watched them lie to some woman who looked like she was from India. I find it disgusting that they would attempt to talk an immigrant out of her rights. IIRC Tess said she stood there and gave them a hard time for a while, maybe that's what they're afraid of.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Turns out I may not be going after all. Would have to CC if I did. Burned the heck out of my shootin hand, and don't have a LH holster for my carry guns.

Went two years ago for Charlie Daniels band, but never heard of today's bands. I guess it'll really depend on how we feel later today or tomorrow.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
Turns out I may not be going after all. Would have to CC if I did. Burned the heck out of my shootin hand, and don't have a LH holster for my carry guns.

Went two years ago for Charlie Daniels band, but never heard of today's bands. I guess it'll really depend on how we feel later today or tomorrow.
Tess I hope the burns aren't too bad and recovery is quick.