• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend (June 5th-7th, 2009)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

LEO's were out in full force today. Brookie and I came upon a "circle of comotion" that we stoped at in case I needed to pull out the video camera. There were about 4 FxCo uniformed LEO's and an undercover that pulled his badge out and notified the "guy" that HE was LEO. Aft first I thought the guy might have been an OCer cuz I heardm "Why do you have that on display?". That's what caught my ear. The guy had some pretty "dark" tatoo's with the word HATE in bold letters and some foreign (to me) symbols and writings. The undercover LEO asked the guy for his ID and the guy handed it over and then said.. "I gave you my ID to show you I mean no harm sir even though I know I am not REQUIRED to do so". The LEO was just questioning his HATE tatoo.. (and No.. I did not shout out to the LEO's at that time that I had a gun! lol). Brookie and I just turned and walked away.. shows over.. but in case it was a fellow OCer, we would have been there to assist.

I am glad I CC'ed today.. I did OC a few years ago but I did not walk around as much as I did today.

Ed

IanB

imported post

Nice day, good weather. Saw Tomahawk and Agent19 there. Took some vids, one of The Fixx and several of a local band called Junkfood. (links to come in the future.)

Tomahawk

imported post

The musical performances were good this year, but seems to me that some stuff was missing. The Taj Mahal had the wings closed off and there was no cheesy laser show in the main auditorium. The FFx Co Water Authority booth didn't have any of that neat display showing how water gets treated. And where were the fire trucks?

At least I got a foam human heart I can gross out people at work with.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
At least I got a foam human heart I can gross out people at work with.
So now no one can say you are heartless any longer. :lol:

Yata hey

IanB

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
The musical performances were good this year, but seems to me that some stuff was missing.
Fairfax Co is experiencing a budget shortfall and FCPD has not been writing enough parking tickets to make up the difference this year.

Marco

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Nice day, good weather. Saw Agent19 there.
Actually, I saw you.:p

I think I'm the only one that OC'ed @ the festival, the family and I spent about 4 hrs there.
The personnel @ one on the First Aid tents debated if Iwas LE, as I passed.
Had one officer ask what caliber I was carrying.

Sold a few Gun Saves Lives buttons,I bought five earlier in the day @ the Dale City GS.