• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you need to carry at home.

rebfan

imported post

I did not see this posted, excuse me if it has already been discussed.

MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

PRESS RELEASE

May 29, 2009

Stabbing

On May 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm officers responded to the 9100 block of Yarrow Lane for a report of a stabbing.

When officers arrived they found a rear door that was partially opened and finding the victim lying on the floor in the kitchen. The victim was bleeding from the stomach with an apparent knife wound.

The victim, 44-year-old female, alleges that she had just come upstairs to get a cup of coffee when a subject approached her from behind and stabbed her in the stomach. The subject described as a young black male wearing a yellow t-shirt and black gloves than ran out the back door. An extensive search of the area to includeK-9 did not locate the suspect. The victim was transported to a local hospital where she is recovering from the injury. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Detective Joe Shifflett at (703) 257-8046.

The Manassas City Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward up to $1000 for information that leads to an arrest in this case. The confidential 24-hour tip line is (703) 330-0330.

END

Jshu

imported post

I try to wear my 1911 around as much as possible with my IWB to get used to it while I wait for my CHP. It never hurts to be prepared.

45acpForMe

imported post

I mainly CC at home with a Taurus in my pocket. There was a couple killed in California or Arizona last week with their two kids in the house. Luckily the kids were spared but unfortunately the adults weren't carrying.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My wife was against installing magnetic gun holders in the shower. :cuss:

Of course the moisture probably isn't good for them anyhow. :lol: But the stainless revolvers should be fine

45acpForMe

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
My shower has two benches that would fit a gunnicely,if someone was so inclined. Can you imagine the rapist stalking in on a shampooing woman only to get a lead-surprise?:what:

Neplusultra

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
My shower has two benches that would fit a gunnicely,if someone was so inclined. Can you imagine the rapist stalking in on a shampooing woman only to get a lead-surprise?:what:
Ha! Although one of my guns is almost never more than 15 feet from me I have yet to take it in the shower :^).

cREbralFIX

imported post

Here it is:

MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
PRESS RELEASE
May 29, 2009

Stabbing

On May 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm officers responded to the 9100 block of Yarrow Lane for a report of a stabbing.

When officers arrived they found a rear door that was partially opened and finding the victim lying on the floor in the kitchen. The victim was bleeding from the stomach with an apparent knife wound.

The victim, 44-year-old female, alleges that she had just come upstairs to get a cup of coffee when a subject approached her from behind and stabbed her in the stomach. The subject described as a young black male wearing a yellow t-shirt and black gloves than ran out the back door. An extensive search of the area to includeK-9 did not locate the suspect. The victim was transported to a local hospital where she is recovering from the injury. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Detective Joe Shifflett at (703) 257-8046.

The Manassas City Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward up to $1000 for information that leads to an arrest in this case. The confidential 24-hour tip line is (703) 330-0330.

END

Sergeant Tim Neumann
Public Information Officer
Manassas City Police Department
Community Services Section
tneumann@ci.manassas.va.us
(703) 257-8017
(571) 436-6990