• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dan Wesson dealer?

zx-twitch

imported post

Does any one know of a dan wesson dealer in az? preferably around Phoenix. But I am willing to travel if necessary

Hickocks Ghost

imported post

dan wesson "dealer"?

what in particular are you looking for?

as far as i know, the only thing that dan wesson does anymore

are a 1911 semi auto clone and a super mag revolver for sillohette shooting.

to bad! i have always thought there revolvers were the best in the world!

i have a small frame [round tang, from monsson] 357 with 8 in. barrell that

i wouldnt trade for much of anything else.

all of the old large fram super mags, both 357, 44 and 41 mag were just off

the charts as far as accuracy reliability.

but to answer your question, i dont know of a "dealer" anywhere in arizona. its

just a piece by piece, lucky its in the shop that day kind of thing right now.

reconvic

imported post

CZ has a repair shop in Mesa off southern AVE. I have my 1911 Dan Wesson there now to have a Red River mount put on so I can put on an Ultra-dot.
Yet for Warranty issues send it to NY they do repairs on all Dan Wesson's
The CZ shop really is just that. Yet added 4 holes and mounting a slide mount is an easy job so they accepted it. I will give you the feedback when I get it back.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I like most of the Dan Wesson 1911 models. I have one in .45 ACP and one in 10mm. They work good. I am always on the lookout for another DW and would buy another if the price were right.

I've heard of quality variability problems on the 10mm Commander Bobtail. But CZ makes 'em right.

reconvic

imported post

I live about 2 miles from Ghost products they represent CZ in Arizona, I know them and have work done buy Eric Zinn a Good gunsmith who works there he also is a Steel match shooter if anyone needs the number I will post it they do have some nice custom CZ pistol, I only own 2 Dan Wessons.
S/F Vic