• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small survey of C&R gun owners

pullnshoot25

imported post

Hey guys, gauging interest in an idea that I have running around in my head for some gun-related gear. In order to know the viability of my idea, I need some input from you C&R guys.

Here we go.

1) What do you currently use to carry your C&R firearm ammunition/accessories/relevant gear, etc. shooting in either an established range or out in open land?

2) Do you like your current setup pertaining the above question?

3) What accessories do you wish were available for your C&R gun?

4) What is your favorite C&R gun in your possession?

5) Which gun do you use most often?

The more responses the better.

-N8

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Holster for my CZ 82 (regular carry piece) and everything else (SKS and mosin nagants) in whatever gun case I grab.

Happy on accessories.

Russian SKS, Mosin Nagant 91/30 and CZ 82 in a three way tie are my favorites.

Probably the SKS.

Legba

imported post

1. None of my stuff is particularly valuable, so I don't take special measures to transport or handle my C&R stuff. I usually just throw a rifle strap over my shoulder to take a rifle from the car to the range proper. I have plain cases for some things. I also have a man-purse/musette bag (WWI gas mask bag) that I use to carry ammo and accessories, and as a hunting bag for small game. Handy accessory.

2. Yes.

3. I'd like to be able to fit a scope mount on my old Mauser re-tread. It's a Colombian remake of a Belgian Mauser rifle, rebarreled to .30-06 from 8mm. Am open to suggestions for retrofitting a scope without drilling into the barrel. I plan to refinish the stock as well - this was a quick and dirty war production piece and the wood is essentially unfinished.

4. Ah, favorites... Depends on my mood, but that Mauser is great, and was a great value. I got it for a fraction of the cost of the original article.

5. I rotate guns on range trips - usually with some "theme" each trip. Some days I'll just take out communist hardware, other times just Spanish stuff, or maybe a variety of things of a given caliber. I like to mix it up.

So what was this idea of yours that prompted the survey, if I may ask?

-ljp