• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kerasotes Movie Theatres

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, living in Northwest Indiana, the major theater chain here is Kerasotes.

They have a no-firearms policy, which I first learned about when a manager asked me to leave my firearm in the car.

I asked if this was a personal policy, or a corporate policy. He replied that it was a corporate policy, and directed my attention to a board with about 40 different rules posted on it.

So, the next day, I sent an email to Kerasotes, not expecting any response. To my astonishment, I received a phone call from a guest services representative at their corporate office.

His response to my complaint was that "some people have complained, and didn't feel safe" with people having firearms.

My response was that I am complaining that I don't feel safe when I have to disarm because of other people's irrational fears.

If you live in the area, or you would like to help promote a gun-friendly environment, I encourage you to make your thoughts known here: http://www.kerasotes.com/Comments.aspx

Thanks!

P.S. - As a side note, I had carried there several times before, with no problems. It seems that the policy was not being actively enforced, until this occasion.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
So, living in Northwest Indiana, the major theater chain here is Kerasotes.

They have a no-firearms policy, which I first learned about when a manager asked me to leave my firearm in the car.

I asked if this was a personal policy, or a corporate policy. He replied that it was a corporate policy, and directed my attention to a board with about 40 different rules posted on it.

So, the next day, I sent an email to Kerasotes, not expecting any response. To my astonishment, I received a phone call from a guest services representative at their corporate office.

His response to my complaint was that "some people have complained, and didn't feel safe" with people having firearms.

My response was that I am complaining that I don't feel safe when I have to disarm because of other people's irrational fears.

If you live in the area, or you would like to help promote a gun-friendly environment, I encourage you to make your thoughts known here: http://www.kerasotes.com/Comments.aspx

Thanks!

P.S. - As a side note, I had carried there several times before, with no problems. It seems that the policy was not being actively enforced, until this occasion.
Believe it or not, at a showing of "The Godfather" in NYC, back in the 70s a bunch of idiot hoodlums (who werent supposed to have firearms in the first place) started shooting uo the screen during the tollbooth scene to "help Sonny" :banghead: Apparently this practice became somewhat widespread in the 1980s and theater owners began posting "no firearms" restrictions (as if idiots who shoot at a movie as if it were an interactive game could read or even care). On the one hand I understand their concern, but on the other it makes no sense since guys who will shoot at a movie screen are not going to openly show their weapon when going in, as they know they will be busted for illegal posession. So "no firearms" makes exactly zero improvement in overall safety. But the patrons feel better, at least until some poltroon decides Sigorney could use some help with the alien. :banghead: