• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC in State Parks?

Sig229

imported post

I was told today that I cant OC when I go fishing up at Montour creek in Pittsburgh.

Can anyone confirm?

I thought OC in state parks and state forests were legal.
What about State game lands when hunting season is not in session?

Also, does anyone know if I can OC in West Virginia State parks and state forests?

Thanks!

spencer280

imported post

no, You are not allowed to open carry in any state park. State parks are conceal carry only, and federal parks your not allowed to carry at all, unless you are a officer.

Sig229

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
no, You are not allowed to open carry in any state park. State parks are conceal carry only, and federal parks your not allowed to carry at all, unless you are a officer.
Man, that's horrible.

Thanks for the reply though.

I surely dont want to become a police officer, so I guess I will have to apply for my CHL.

PA Shooter

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.

spencer280

imported post

last week i talked to the crooked creek park ranger which is a federal park and he told me that this is a federal park and i could not to carry my hand gun in to there park. and yes they are the army cor. engineers. unless he was wrong

Ya i was not talking about national parks and ya you can conceal carry in national parks.

i had a long talk up at cooks forest state park ranger that seen me open carry in the state park and told me to conceal my weapon and he went on to tell me that the state parks are conceal carry only. he said he hopes they change it to open carry soon.

CowboyKen

imported post

PA Shooter wrote:
What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.

This law does not go into effect until February 22, 2010. Until then, unless something changes, it is illegal to carry any firearm in any National Park or Wildlife Refuge.

Ken

PA Shooter

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
PA Shooter wrote:

This law does not go into effect until February 22, 2010. Until then, unless something changes, it is illegal to carry any firearm in any National Park or Wildlife Refuge.

KenYou are correct sir. I should've mentioned that in my post.

PA Shooter

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
PA Shooter wrote:

KenYou are correct sir. I should've mentioned that in my post.