Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No OC in State Parks?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926

    Post imported post

    I was told today that I cant OC when I go fishing up at Montour creek in Pittsburgh.

    Can anyone confirm?

    I thought OC in state parks and state forests were legal.
    What about State game lands when hunting season is not in session?

    Also, does anyone know if I can OC in West Virginia State parks and state forests?

    Thanks!
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    kittanning, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    196

    Post imported post

    no, You are not allowed to open carry in any state park. State parks are conceal carry only, and federal parks your not allowed to carry at all, unless you are a officer.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926

    Post imported post

    spencer280 wrote:
    no, You are not allowed to open carry in any state park. State parks are conceal carry only, and federal parks your not allowed to carry at all, unless you are a officer.
    Man, that's horrible.

    Thanks for the reply though.

    I surely dont want to become a police officer, so I guess I will have to apply for my CHL.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Winfield, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    spencer280 wrote:
    no, You are not allowed to open carry in any state park. State parks are conceal carry only, and federal parks your not allowed to carry at all, unless you are a officer.
    What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    kittanning, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    196

    Post imported post

    last week i talked to the crooked creek park ranger which is a federal park and he told me that this is a federal park and i could not to carry my hand gun in to there park. and yes they are the army cor. engineers. unless he was wrong

    Ya i was not talking about national parks and ya you can conceal carry in national parks.

    i had a long talk up at cooks forest state park ranger that seen me open carry in the state park and told me to conceal my weapon and he went on to tell me that the state parks are conceal carry only. he said he hopes they change it to open carry soon.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    PA Shooter wrote:
    What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.
    This law does not go into effect until February 22, 2010. Until then, unless something changes, it is illegal to carry any firearm in any National Park or Wildlife Refuge.

    Ken

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Winfield, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    CowboyKen wrote:
    PA Shooter wrote:
    What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.
    This law does not go into effect until February 22, 2010. Until then, unless something changes, it is illegal to carry any firearm in any National Park or Wildlife Refuge.

    KenYou are correct sir. I should've mentioned that in my post.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Winfield, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    CowboyKen wrote:
    PA Shooter wrote:
    What federal parks are you referring to? IIRC, A bill just signed by President Obama concerning credit card practices contained a provision that allows CC in National Parks if the state the park is in allows CC. Army Corps of Engineers parks allow firearms for hunting only. The "Day Use" areas there are considered a saftey zone and firearms must be unloaded and in a case. Hunting is permitted in any area that is not a 'Day Use" or restricted area.
    This law does not go into effect until February 22, 2010. Until then, unless something changes, it is illegal to carry any firearm in any National Park or Wildlife Refuge.

    KenYou are correct sir. I should've mentioned that in my post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •