• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Armed Presence

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, my wife and myself headed out to do some errands yesterday. We decided to stop at our local Quizno's for a yummy hot sandwich.

We frequent this particular business on a regular basis, and the owners (a very nice and polite Indian immigrant family) know us, mostly from my unusual practice of open carry.

As we entered the shop, which is fairly small, there was a few other guests at the counter area, talking about a patron there. This individual was, in the words of another guest, "baked or nuts", and recommended to the owner that she call the police. She replied that he had been there for several hours, talking to everyone coming in and out of the store, and generally disturbing guests. She indicated that her patience was growing short with the problems, and the individual had more than worn out his welcome.

As my wife and I went to sit down, this person came up to us (my wife had proceeded to a table shortly before me) and was talking incoherently, on the subject of spirits and saints, UFOs, etc.; just general "craziness".

He did not notice me standing directly behind him, as he was, politely, addressing my wife on these subjects of importance. When he noticed me behind him, I smiled at him and said "Hello." He took a quick glance at me, said "God bless you", then went to the restroom. As he exited the restroom, he glanced at me again, nodded, and then left the store, the premises of the shopping center, and the general vicinity overall.

When we had finished our meal, the owner thanked me for helping out with the fellow. I just smiled at her, and told her all I had said was "Hello."

I may be wrong, but I like to think that the presence of a Springfield XD did most of the talking.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
So, my wife and myself headed out to do some errands yesterday. We decided to stop at our local Quizno's for a yummy hot sandwich.

We frequent this particular business on a regular basis, and the owners (a very nice and polite Indian immigrant family) know us, mostly from my unusual practice of open carry.

As we entered the shop, which is fairly small, there was a few other guests at the counter area, talking about a patron there. This individual was, in the words of another guest, "baked or nuts", and recommended to the owner that she call the police. She replied that he had been there for several hours, talking to everyone coming in and out of the store, and generally disturbing guests. She indicated that her patience was growing short with the problems, and the individual had more than worn out his welcome.

As my wife and I went to sit down, this person came up to us (my wife had proceeded to a table shortly before me) and was talking incoherently, on the subject of spirits and saints, UFOs, etc.; just general "craziness".

He did not notice me standing directly behind him, as he was, politely, addressing my wife on these subjects of importance. When he noticed me behind him, I smiled at him and said "Hello." He took a quick glance at me, said "God bless you", then went to the restroom. As he exited the restroom, he glanced at me again, nodded, and then left the store, the premises of the shopping center, and the general vicinity overall.

When we had finished our meal, the owner thanked me for helping out with the fellow. I just smiled at her, and told her all I had said was "Hello."

I may be wrong, but I like to think that the presence of a Springfield XD did most of the talking.

:exclaim:

Perhaps the most common and therefore primary result and reason for OC'ing.

prcE6

imported post

That's priceless, and should be an ad for Springfield...

The XD; so bad a$$, even crazy people turn sane!