• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conservation with my Employer.

MarkJones

imported post

I am a manager at a local fab shop in alabaster. We are a small company of around 100 folks. I have worked here for around 14 years so I have a long history with the company. My boss and I were talking about constitutional rights dissipating slowly over time. I turned the conservation to the 2nd amendment. My employer is a serious hot head and chooses not to carry but is an avid hunter. I was telling him that I am always armed when not in the office. He could not understand why I chose to carry so often. I explained to him that not only do I carry a firearm I am very proficient with it. I posed the hypothetical question of a disgruntled employee who decided to extract revenge on his previous employer and fellow employees with a firearm. What would he do to stop the attack? Pat answer call 911... Well the last time we did that it took 15 minutes to respond I replied. I just flat asked him if something like this were to occur would he not rather have the attack stopped instantly? Well of course that would be the best outcome for a bad situation. Since I actually authored the company policy on firearms at work I added a provision that allows it IF approved by your supervisor. Since all of the managers and over half of our employees keep arms in their cars anyway. I admitted that I carry after we have a termination that gets nasty. He told me two things, one he has no desire to know. And also as long as no one else knows he is fine with it. His last words were bottom line If a self defense shooting arises make sure to aim for the head since he hates getting sued. LOL. :D I carried anyway and have for the last 10 years everyone including him knows but they all understand that it is in defence of the employees. BTW there are at least four others that also CCW we are all pretty tight I trust them all with my life and they trust me makes a nice fuzzy feeling when trouble arises.

FMCDH

imported post

"We carry not just for the dozens of scenarios we can fathom, but for the hundreds of scenarios we cannot."

;)