• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL "Safety Class"

Michigander

imported post

I know a couple, although neither are near you.

If you are overly competent with laws, as all responsible Michigan OCers are, it is not a huge concern, and any CPL teacher will do. It only really matters to those who want to support good teachers, and those who are very new to carrying and want the best instruction possible.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

I have probably contacted the place in Ludington already. Something like the "Fan and Feather Club" or something to that effect. They are full for their next class and not doing another one until August.

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted Wild West Academy and Mr. Cortis has set up a personal training day for me in Royal Oak. Hopefully I can have my CPL by the end of the month. (fingers crossed)

ghostrider

imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
I have probably contacted the place in Ludington already. Something like the "Fan and Feather Club" or something to that effect. They are full for their next class and not doing another one until August.

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted Wild West Academy and Mr. Cortis has set up a personal training day for me in Royal Oak. Hopefully I can have my CPL by the end of the month. (fingers crossed)
Yes, The Fin And Feather Club was the one I was referring to.

Good luck.

discerningshootist

imported post

I know someone who personally teaches the classes: ME!
I think I have a pretty good reputation, haven't heard any complaints(except from my "competition"). I've actually had students that have taken this course more than once, and have told me that they learned a lot more in my program, even though they are all an NRA course.
I run at least one class a month, on the last Sunday ( or somewhere there abouts).
I do one-on-one range instruction, provide a donuts breakfast and a lunch.
I charge $125, includes everything unless I provide ammo.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:

I've got a guy in Sandusky MI, he'll do a one on one class, I'll PM you his information, might be a little bit closer than RO.

discerningshootist

imported post

Hold off on any committment yet, Smitty, I will be 'raffling' off a couple of free CPL classes at the Open Carry picnic in Traverse City at the end of the month. My next CPL class is the next day.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
Hold off on any committment yet, Smitty, I will be 'raffling' off a couple of free CPL classes at the Open Carry picnic in Traverse City at the end of the month. My next CPL class is the next day.
He meant silent auction, we don't have a gaming license for a raffle.;)