• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry movement causes Kitsup Sun Editorial Board to call for repeal of all illegal gun bans

sempercarry

imported post

Ok Sgt. Major.....I guess we just throw our rank around with our last name so that we sound important....noted:p....good to see you on the board.:D

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Mike wrote:
The problem with this is it's all "show" and no "go".

They will be inspecting guns at the door and they must be unloaded. As far as I am concerned an empty gun carries an empty message and is of little use since I don't practice throwing mine at things.

Effectively the minister is saying guns are your right and we trust you, we just don't trust you with bullets.

Church is one of my ALWAYS carry locations (although I do conceal). I trust the folks there as much or more as anywhere, I just don't know who might come calling to offer a different "message".

Batousaii

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
anybody notice the abnormal amount of new guys.....perhaps a side affect of our picnic:D

hehe - Yeah, me too <raises hand as anew guy> . Was searching for some legal this-or-that and stumbled (quite by accident) on to the open carry laws and then opencarry.org. I read about the pinicks too, and realised the strong growth of this group. I was very impressed and elated. Always wanted to open carry, but always been very concerned about the possible consequences, nuances of the law, etc. I strongly believe in ones ability to do so, and i am enthusiastically watching to see how this all develops.I suppose when my personal comfort level strengthens i'll strap on "Sparky" (1911 combat commander) and go th the store =D I honestly did NOT know for fact that WA State was infact a legit OC-State until recently. I had heard it was, but felt it wasnt clear. Been here 10 years now (dropped off by uncle sam) and love it. I am really glad to have found a forum that supports this effort.

ty guys, a commendable cause.

Bat :)

Squeak

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
Ok Sgt. Major.....I guess we just throw our rank around with our last name so that we sound important....noted:p....good to see you on the board.:D
I was wondering when I would get a reaction from you! I'm really not important, but if you say so......................:lol: