• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pathetic court decision.....

joeroket

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
We just need to hope that the Supreme court hears this case, and decides in the citizens favor.
I think they will hear it since there are two different circuit courts giving opposing rulings. The ruling from SCOTUS that denies the 2nd in applying to the states is, if i remember right, from 1882. It is about time it is reheard and decided on again.

Decoligny

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
This has to do with Washington State how? Looks like something suitable for the Illinois forum.
Has to do with incorporation of the 2nd Amendment at the National level if it proceeds to SCOTUS.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Because if they don't rule in their favor than people like Mayor 5 pennies can appeal to Olympia to reject preemption. Plus I like seeing citizens of all states having the same freedoms we have here.

But maybe this threadshould be moved to hot topics in the open forum.

joeroket

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
This has to do with Washington State how? Looks like something suitable for the Illinois forum.
Ahhh quit trying to boost your post count. :p

In all seriousness it will apply to us all because of the national impact it could have in the end of it all.

heresolong

imported post

Because if they don't rule in their favor than people like Mayor 5 pennies can appeal to Olympia to reject preemption. Plus I like seeing citizens of all states having the same freedoms we have here.

Actually due to the Ninth Circuit ruling that extended the 2nd Amendment to the states, it is now incorporated in Washington. A SCOTUS review could either extend that incorporation to all the states or deny it to all the states. They could also rule on the merits of either case without discussing incorporation at all.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I don't see the connection between this court decision and Fivepennies (great name lol) trying to get past preemption.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I was thinking along the same lines of Heresolong. It can go real good or it can go real bad for everyone in U.S.

This is true, but even if the 2A doesn't get incorporated, our state preemption isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Our constitution is very clear on our RKBA.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Has to do with incorporation of the 2nd Amendment at the National level if it proceeds to SCOTUS.
Still meaningless for Washington State, and it doesn't directly apply to anything going on in Washington. Once can play 7 degrees of separation all they want but it doesn't make an off topic post on topic.

As a Kalifornian I don't expect you to realize that Washington State already has some of the strongest constitutional protections for RKBA in the nation. So really even national incorporation is meaningless to WA in the sense that we already have exceptional protection in our own constitution.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wouldn't change a thing. Look at the wording of our constitution. Even without incorporation Nickels hasn't been able to fight anything. Plus if Nickels really had the power most people give him, he would have gotten an AWB imposed years ago when he and his goons were pushing for one.

bugly

imported post

Doesn't really matter anyway, SCOTUS does not trump the supreme creator of the universe. We DO have a very good State Constitution, unfortunately, not all States have that, and that's pretty sad....